a little help

Paulwhite
This post is 5135 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all just need to know how to take the drag star embilum off the side of the tank without breaking it. im re- painting the tank and want to be able to put them back on. but just thought id ask b4 i get a screwdriver on it.

cheers . Paul .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all just need to know how to take the drag star embilum off the side of the tank without breaking it. im re- painting the tank and want to be able to put them back on. but just thought id ask b4 i get a screwdriver on it.

cheers . Paul .

I have heard that they can be carefully removed by using a hair dryer, and peeled off slowly.

I've heard that too - hairdryer to melt the glue then carefully prize it off or you can use something like dental floss to 'saw' through the softened glue.

Fishing line works too and I agree to warm it up a little.

Gordo

cheers im gonna have to try it with the dental floss lol ,

and midnight61 that would give me the best finish! but im a bit of a cheep skate. dont like sacrifices i find them wasteful if not a little messy lol.

Dental floss is a good way to go, but there is a little trick. What you want to do is get a good, long piece of floss and slice through the backer, pulling the floss at either a downward or upward slant until the decal is off. If you 'saw' the dental floss, it could heat up the adhesive enough to glue itself back together behind the floss and you are no further than when you started.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online