xs400 electronic ignition kit

Campbell45
This post is 5149 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I wouldn't bother. I used to sell these kits years ago. I binned them as the warranty issues where too much to deal with and I got fed up with having to take the systems off customers bike and putting the orginal points back on. The 2 stroke kits were OK, but the 4 stroke kits were terrible. The had a nsaty plastic rotor that caused some of the trouble.

I got this from gigavolt in germany. He can be found on the xs400.de ( that's where I contacted him) and he speak english!!

he made me a kit which uses the points as a trigger only.

I had the version 3 but version 4 is out and was about £80, fitting is easy and mine looks oem.

I got this from gigavolt in germany. He can be found on the xs400.de ( that's where I contacted him) and he speak english!!

he made me a kit which uses the points as a trigger only.

I had the version 3 but version 4 is out and was about £80, fitting is easy and mine looks oem.

wow thats amazing he made all that himself. How much of a difference does it make (starting/running/etc.)? Do you still have to replace/clean up the points every so often? I may have to give this guy a call.

wow thats amazing he made all that himself. How much of a difference does it make (starting/running/etc.)? Do you still have to replace/clean up the points every so often? I may have to give this guy a call.

I'd email him first!

the contacts will wear at the heal so you would need to lube and time them once in a while. I've had mine on for 2 years now no probs whatsoever.

bike pulls past redline, i think the points bounce gets ignored!

That set up would be 1000% better if he ditched the points. He's got all the hard stuff sorted!

Guest MaD.VeZ

I see where he said "email" but I'm not sure what to type in for the email. Do you know what his email is?

Email: anton"at"gigavolt"dot"eu ([email protected]) as found on the home page of the site Drewpy linked too.

( bored so i thought i would spam this section for a bit :P)

Email: anton"at"gigavolt"dot"eu  ([email protected]) as found on the home page of the site Drewpy linked too.

( bored so i thought i would spam this section for a bit  :P)

:lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online