DT 175 carb on a DT 125 engine

This post is 5165 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice here. I have swapped over the head, piston and barrel from a DT 125 onto my DT 175 - reason being I never passed my test years ago, so I can run this legally when the DVLA chamge the engine size. I know I should really put a 125 carburetor on it but I'm hoping I can use my existing 175 one by changing the jetting. Looking at the specs in the Haynes manual the only difference parts seem to be the Main Jet (110 and 130) and the Needle Jet (N-4 and 0-2). Is this as simple as it looks? Change these two and it should be run okay? If so, does anybody know where I can get a Needle Jet? I think I've seen Main Jets at Yambits but not the Needle Jet. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice here. I have swapped over the head, piston and barrel from a DT 125 onto my DT 175 - reason being I never passed my test years ago, so I can run this legally when the DVLA chamge the engine size. I know I should really put a 125 carburetor on it but I'm hoping I can use my existing 175 one by changing the jetting. Looking at the specs in the Haynes manual the only difference parts seem to be the Main Jet (110 and 130) and the Needle Jet (N-4 and 0-2). Is this as simple as it looks? Change these two and it should be run okay? If so, does anybody know where I can get a Needle Jet? I think I've seen Main Jets at Yambits but not the Needle Jet. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Shouldnt be a problem Paul

The DT175MX's used two different carbs, a 2H500 and a 3U500

The 2H500 is the best bet for this because of the throttle cutaway. (Its richer on the 3U500)

Try motocarb for the needle jet and main jets, explain to Steve what you are doing.

is your airbox intact and standard with oiled foam filter?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online