oil pump

slowbike
This post is 5190 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fisrst I'd look on here for a manual for that bike.

But usually there is a mark on the carb slide that you have to sych up with the line on the oil pump. This is usually done with the throttle in 3/4 open position. It doesn't often go out, any smoke is usually due to deposites in the exhaust.

Fisrst I'd look on here for a manual for that bike.

But usually there is a mark on the carb slide that you have to sych up with the line on the oil pump. This is usually done with the throttle in 3/4 open position. It doesn't often go out, any smoke is usually due to deposites in the exhaust.

thanks for the info

need help

how do you set the oil pump on a YSR80 and also the air/fuel mix

the bike runs good but at top speed its realy smoky/white smoke

thanks for any help or tips

You said in your first post that you use the YSR for town stuff. It may just need a good clear out, white smoke at high speed is generally the oil burning out of the exhaust when it gets hot enough.

My TDR did it to begin with and after a good blast with a mate that got it very hot (25mpg if you know what i mean) it looked like a red arrow for a couple of miles. Been fine since B)

You said in your first post that you use the YSR for town stuff. It may just need a good clear out, white smoke at high speed is generally the oil burning out of the exhaust when it gets hot enough.

My TDR did it to begin with and after a good blast with a mate that got it very hot (25mpg if you know what i mean) it looked like a red arrow for a couple of miles. Been fine since B)

thanks I guess I need to go and give it a good run,