Yamaha rxs 100.. cant get above 2nd gear ?

Reesy
This post is 5197 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yep, idle jet is also pilot jet!

+ Empty any water that might be in your float chamber.

Thankyou. Im gonna take the carb apart again, and use some aerosol carb cleaner to make sure all the jets are clean.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i suppose pulling the choke out seems to fix the problem, yes take the pilot jet out and you will no doubt find it blocked, soak it in a bottle of nail varnish remover or as you say use aerosol carb cleaner. Dont be scared of poking it with a nylon bristle from a brush.

The diagram 'Cynic' was referring to is really only for the starting circuit...ie the choke

Starter.jpg

i suppose pulling the choke out seems to fix the problem, yes take the pilot jet out and you will no doubt find it blocked, soak it in a bottle of nail varnish remover or as you say use aerosol carb cleaner. Dont be scared of poking it with a nylon bristle from a brush.

The diagram 'Cynic' was referring to is really only for the starting circuit...ie the choke

Starter.jpg

I have just taken the pilot jet out and it was well and truley 'gunked' up. It was coverd and blocked with a sandy like substance???. Its all clean now. But like a muppet i accidently bent the float a little. I put it back as it was, i think. How do you check float measurment....

Yes i know im a fool ha :blink:

I have just taken the pilot jet out and it was well and truley 'gunked' up. It was coverd and blocked with a sandy like substance???. Its all clean now. But like a muppet i accidently bent the float a little. I put it back as it was, i think. How do you check float measurment....

Yes i know im a fool ha :blink:

What year is the bike?

Do you know the float height setting?

What year is the bike?

Do you know the float height setting?

Its all sorted. I found the float height settings on another post. i just put the bike back together and its running sweet as a nut. Ticking over at about 1500 revs. And the original problem of the gears is sorted as well.

Thankyou all very much for your help. This site is awesome. id love to say that I will try to pass my knowledge of bikes onto anybody else who needs help, but as Ive proven ...I know nothing!!!! :D .

But if anybody wants to know how to make an amazing spaghetti bolognese... Then im your man. :)

Thankyou all once again.

Its all sorted. I found the float height settings on another post. i just put the bike back together and its running sweet as a nut. Ticking over at about 1500 revs. And the original problem of the gears is sorted as well.

Thankyou all very much for your help. This site is awesome. id love to say that I will try to pass my knowledge of bikes onto anybody else who needs help, but as Ive proven ...I know nothing!!!! biggrin.gif .

biggrin.gifBut if anybody wants to know how to make an amazing spaghetti bolognese... Then im your man.

Thankyou all once again.

You make the bolognese and well all come round and talk bikes biggrin.gif

Only messing, You get to know about bikes by fixing things that go wrong. you have just fixed your first problem and from now on you will know how to fix it if it happens on another bike.

Like making the bolognese you have to learn somewhere!!

Glad you got everything sorted,,,,,, now keep the shiney side up !!!

Alot of problems will stay away if you keep the bike well serviced !wink.gif

Happy moteringbiggrin.gif

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online