2010 Yamaha SR400

Rich_B
This post is 5216 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Would anyone in the UK buy one of these?

My link

I know sports bikes are losing there appeal what with all the speed cameras and that but really why would you want something like that

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

After looking at the link, my first thought was oooo! yes i`d like one of those.

then i read the article?? and i read how they have started to make a single cylinder bike complicated!!!!!

fuel injection, catalitic conveter, lambda sensor (whatever that is?)

fuel injection does`nt need to be that big?? after all Yamaha put it on smaller bikes than that..

then theres the price!!! Hmmmm! i dont think so

as much a i like retro bikes, i`m not paying that much (just call me skinflint :) )

how long before someone finds a way round the factory fuel injector unit to get a better power output?

i hope they become popular and start to come onto the second hand market :)

Would anyone in the UK buy one of these?

My link

I know sports bikes are losing there appeal what with all the speed cameras and that but really why would you want something like that

Bloke i work with is on his third cb250, rides it to work all year. It does around 90odd to the gallon everything's cheap and they take the old one PX every 12 months, no mot, no or very cheap Honda insurance, little servicing etc. His motorcycling costs him peanuts. To be fair he keeps it in very good nick, you very rarely see it in a condition you could call dirty.

Thats the type of person i would think its aimed at, if it came to the UK.

Its not though, don't forget the jap licence laws make our test look like a ride round the block. 400cc is the most many can hope to get to, added to that a blanket 112mph maximum and congested streets. 70's cool suddenly gets a bit more important.

Valid points I'll admit I didn't think about retro fans and fuel economy!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online