Insurance Driving Me Mad

Durkster
This post is 5141 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

You guys have it good over there regards choice,There is only 3 different insurance crouds here in Ireland and

believe me they really tair the ass outa you until you turn 30+ pissed-off.gif

I lived over there for a good few years and everything to do with bikeing is at least half the price of here. happy.gif

Paying road tax here is like having to pull a Harley outa your ass. Uk tax = £50 small bike --- EIRE tax = €500,000 pissed-off.gif

Once you turn 30+ insurance comes well down no matter what you ride.

Anyway me little rant is over biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Swinton are doing £30 cashback at the moment when you buy online... will cost me £38 for my XVS125 Dragstar this year Third Party Fire & Theft. :D:D

You pay the full amount (£68 in my case) + they email you the claim form and you have to post it to them. Once you've had the policy for 90 days they send you the £30.

Just remember to fill out the form + post it back!!!!

Another thing, Aquote sent my renewal for £105 - which the letter said was their cheapest deal & to save me the hassle they'd take the money from my bank account! When I phoned to see if they could match Swinton their price suddenly dropped from £105 to £75 - What is that all about??? Remember NEVER accept the first renewal quote you're given!

FOOTMAN-JAMES, thats FOOTMAN JAMES, I changed to them for this year as they were the cheapest after much phoning around.

I called FOOTMAN JAMES and spoke to a pleasant wee lass called Sarah, after 15 mins questioning and getting the cost £ sterling I told her that I was gonna shop around-as you do, so I asked Sarah for a REF number (reference number) which I got.

spent 2 days phoning around other insurers and concluded that FOOTMAN JAMES was the better option-

however !

on calling FOOTMAN JAMES back I got call centre top tosser called Wayne and what a top tosser he was, I gave my REF number to him-

no joy !,

he insisted that I go through the entire 15 minute question session all over again ( at my expense and time)----next years sales loss !

its not just about the cost for me, its the level of service, and in this case how irritating the top tosser from FOOTMAN JAMES was in not accepting my previously prepared REF number :angry:

I have been using Footman James for a couple of years, just added a second bike and it was cheap. I think you were unlucky, I have always found the service good.

I have called them from the Czech Republic and got the cover extended past the 35 days a trip maximum. Took about 5 minutes.

They do tend to make sure all the Ts are crossed though.

I pay £168 full comp for a Yam 900 Divvy and a Guzzi Jackal, including european wide breakdown with home start. Mind you I am an old fart with dokeys years no claims.

I recently found using the comparison site "The Bike Insurer" very useful. They virtually halved my insurance on the R6 from £580 to £330!

Have been recommending them to all my customers that haven't had a bike before, and a large percentage of them take out insurance through their website. Worth a look!

Another comapny that seems to be particularly good for small bikes and scooters is Lexham Insurance. 0845 605 0546.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

MCE have been good to us. I have a 4 bike policy for £153-ish and my other half got knocked off her R6 last year and they really looked after her, offering to pay initially and reclaim the costs from the 3rd party... consequently her bike wasn't written off, even though the repair costs were really high in comparison to the bike's value, also the bike was back on the road relatively quickly!!! def recommend them... also they're very competative if you ring with a quote from another company.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online