In Ireland, during this Weather

tinovibo
This post is 5236 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

In Ireland, during this Weather, its safer not to go riding. The weather is one thing, but the tiny roads are another. I have fallen off so many times during the winter, it was nearly becoming part of my Christmas Cheer. Broke my Collar Bone 2 years ago and I was only going about 20KM. Spent Christmas in a bad way.....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

In Ireland, during this Weather, its safer not to go riding. The weather is one thing, but the tiny roads are another. I have fallen off so many times during the winter, it was nearly becoming part of my Christmas Cheer. Broke my Collar Bone 2 years ago and I was only going about 20KM. Spent Christmas in a bad way.....

what ever the weather tyerpresure plays a big part just 2psi low and you are off

check it riligeously makes a big difference good luck n ride safe

Well me oul maties, I quite like bikeing in Ireland so I deceided to give a bit of a low-down !

Bikeing anywhere is good and at all times you need your wits about you !!!!

In Ireland, yes we have bad roads, narrow, bendy, big potholes, rivers of water flowing across them where they shouldnt, big drops either side and

this is only mentioning half of what there like. People in Ireland (in cars) dont realy expect to see a bike flying towards them, they are not looking for

bikes because there are not as many of them on the road as in Uk and elsewhere. The silly cunts will look right at you and still pull out in front of ya!

What im trying to say is you realy need to open your eyes (very fu_king wide) and sharpen up all of your sences every time you throw your

leg over your bike in this country. Never push yourself harder on your bike than you are comfortable with.

All that said bikeing in Ireland is very satisfiying.

In my younger days I used to love hammering through all the sarp bends swinging left and right, Im not really one for long straight bouring roads and

I used to pick these bendy ones just for the challange. NOW though I am much more reserved, still like these roads but I more or less take my time and

take in the seenery.

People should not be put off bikeing in Ireland, it has great roads for bikes, sharp and twisty or if you want plenty of long straights, it realy just depends

what kinda biker you are. Most roads are in good nick wheather heading arround the coast or zig zaging over and back through the country.

The seenery is much like Scotland only on a smaller scale. You just need to really concentrate more on what is going on ahead of you.

Watch out for farmers parked up in the middle of back roads and the sheep that seem to jump out 20foot to try and knock you off, and them god dam

birds that in the early morning come flying outa the hedges like little jets to scare the shite outa ya!!!

Any roads can be dangerous, get to know your bike and your rideing style before you start to push the boundreys, this will help to keep the

broken bones to a minimum.

I have traveled all of Ireland, much of London and just a little of Scotland left to go !

I have wrecked 3 bikes, broken my shin, bone slightly stuck out of my other knee-cap and a couple of broken wrists, BUT Im still here and im not

gona stop bikeing !!!

Thing is, dangers lurk everywhere so KEEP THE EYES OPEN

Happy Travels cool.gif

In Ireland, yes we have bad roads,

Don't we all these days!

I've toured Ireland a few times, across the middle, round the coast, north and south - it's a fantastic place with great people, no doubt.

The first time I was over there was on a Honda VFR800 (the new one with ABS), and it wasn't a nice riding experience, pretty much down to the wrong bike for the roads, just as 2wheels describes, second and third times was on a Varadero and it was truly awesum, right bike these times!

If you want that 'over the water' feeling of a holiday in a different country, but are put off by riding on the right, or language then Ireland is the place for sure....