RXZ/RS100 Bulb issues. :(

RXZMATT
This post is 5232 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've got a 1988 yamaha rs100 with no headlight bulb or rear bulb. I cant find the bulb details ANYWHERE, garages dont have a clue around Birmingham or warwickshire, I thought someone here might know the serial number. Plus I thought it was about time I joined the yamaha forum ;P thanks

Matt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Matt. The RXZ 100 specs for 1988 model , are this ones :

Headlight bulb : 12v - 35/35w Part number : 31G-84314-00

TailLight bulb : 12v-21/5w Part number : 31L-84714-00

Blinkers : bulb 12v-10w Part number : 1W8-83311-20

I do not know if they are similar to RS 100 1988.

You're confusing me now Matt, the link i sent (Wemoto) doesnt state 12v, that was Yamagods link, if you are in doubt ring them up, they are open today. ;)

Sorry, I didn't mean to quote you ;). See the problem is, my bike is an import. So although the RS didnt exist over here in 1988 (at least it wasnt made) my RS is a 1988 :/ I managed to get a rear one from Halfrauds!

Sorry, I didn't mean to quote you ;). See the problem is, my bike is an import. So although the RS didnt exist over here in 1988 (at least it wasnt made) my RS is a 1988 :/ I managed to get a rear one from Halfrauds!

Ah Ha, you see Watson the crime is revealed......

So its an import and i'm carefully assuming that 1988 was the year it was imported, what is the year of manufacture. Got a chassis, engine number although i can't see it being anything other than 6V. Probably one of those hideous globe things.

Candle anybody.

See the problem is, my bike is an import. So although the RS didnt exist over here in 1988 (at least it wasnt made) my RS is a 1988 :/ I managed to get a rear one from Halfrauds!

Thanks for that titbit of info :banghead:

Ah Ha, you see Watson the crime is revealed......

So its an import and i'm carefully assuming that 1988 was the year it was imported, what is the year of manufacture. Got a chassis, engine number although i can't see it being anything other than 6V. Probably one of those hideous globe things.

Candle anybody.

For all iknow it could be Cynic, one of those horrible globe things AKA 'American Pre Focus' lamps (Google it) just like mine and yours and available in bulk on ebay item search number 390084210593 (the linky thingy isnt worrking :banghead: )

:blink:

It was produced in 1988 and imported in 2002. Its definatley a 6v. I got the bulb details and info of a chap from BikeChatForum. Just going to pick it up now, it is one of those hideous Globe thingy's. Thanks for the help.

It was produced in 1988 and imported in 2002. Its definatley a 6v. I got the bulb details and info of a chap from BikeChatForum. Just going to pick it up now, it is one of those hideous Globe thingy's. Thanks for the help.

Well from experience make sure you eat plenty of carrots if you are going out at night. The lights are naff. :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online