YZF-750R

Alex
This post is 7319 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Well at last my frame is in the paint shop being painted :( They said that laquer would just peel off after about 6 months, and they explained to me that normally they are painted and laquered. I was pretty confident that it was just laquered, so they asked me to phone up yamaha to check.

Well i spoke to yamaha uk, and they told me that the frames undergo a chemical treatment at the factories which leaves a clear coting on them, he didnt know what the process was called, he said the only thing he could say was near to it was anadising.

Didnt really want to get it anadised mainly because of the fact that it dulls the alloy, and its expensive. Found out thought that my dads mates friend does it, so took it down there and he said he would do it for £50 brilliant i though, but they realised they couldnt do it anyway becasue of the pressed in steel bearing sleeves :(

So now my bike is going look like an alloy wheel :( Well at least i will be able to start putting it back together come next week :D

Cool!.......time to break out the spanners, mate :wink: .....to me, It's great therapy to have a wrench in my hand & a set of 2-wheels to re-assemble z_thumb.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

Well i am well P!$$ED!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Have at last started to put my bike back together and im pretty sure the frame is twisted!!! I just cant get the bolts on one side to line up, they are about 5mm out! :shock:

Going to see when my dad comes over if i can pull it round, otherwise im gonna have to hire an assasin to take out the dick who sold me the frame!!!

Well If that just doesn't F#ck Up your day! :evil: ........Sorry to hear that M8 :(

Is there any Frame Straightening outfits around your area?

• Admin

There is a place a couple of hours away, but i would rather try and get another frame then pay to get it straightened, similar price. But it is easier to swap the frames then it is to make it a rolling chasis :(

• Admin

The Saga continues :roll: .........

I know and i was so excited coz i thought i was going to get it fixed by new year :cry:

• Admin

Well the good news is at least the bloke is going to give my money back, just annoying becasue i had to pay £55 to change my insurance over and £50 to get it sprayed! But at least half way there :roll:

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Well i have phoned up about 20 breakers today and only one has a frame and they want £500 :shock: Its going to take a while before i start riding again :cry:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Sorry for late reply for some reason i must have missed your post!

Well i have got a frame at last and my bike is motd taxed and insured, but just waiting for the rear panels to be sprayed before i can start riding it now, which is a shame as it was soooo nice today! 8)

Never realised how much more YZF stuff is on the german ebay :shock:

Sorry for late reply for some reason i must have missed your post!

Well i have got a frame at last and my bike is motd taxed and insured, but just waiting for the rear panels to be sprayed before i can start riding it now, which is a shame as it was soooo nice today!  8)  

Never realised how much more YZF stuff is on the german ebay  :shock:

Really nice to hear that your bike finally gets where it should be!! :D

as for the german ebay, i´ve been buying everything there for a few years. Just got an full 750 exup exhaustpipe for 40€ + 28€ freight. not bad. And my new R6 seat came for 20,50€, R1 full racefairing for 195€ so they do have quite tempting bargains there.

Still missing R1 headlights and a nice set of Keihin FCR´s

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Aghh getting scared now, summers nearly here and im going to have to sell my bike :cry:

Aghh getting scared now, summers nearly here and im going to have to sell my bike  :cry:

Being without 2-wheels @ hand, IS a scary thought indeed! :shock:

The Best of luck with your endeavors No1 :wink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online