YZF-750R

Alex
This post is 7319 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• Admin

Well i suppose im to start, i have a 94 YZF-750R, The main parts are of course a rear Ohlins shock, steering damper, new footstays, exhaust, backend conversion, and custom dream machine paint work, and a lot of polishing.

mybike.jpg

I know its a bit old school now, as it is bloody heavy compared to the new bikes!

What have you got?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Need to get it sorted over christmas holidays so i can get back to 2 wheels... yippee :D

• Admin

At bl :shock: dy last! My bike is in thousands of bits!!! Wahoo pcheerleader.gif

yzf-frame.jpg

Just need to sand the frame down and get it relaquered and hey presto i can start having fun putting it back together! laugh.gif

• Admin

Just got a check from the insurers for £2325!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I cant explain the condition of my bike, not a chip or scratch anywhere, and it has had over £4k spent on it!!! More money now in bleeding solictiors! :evil:

• Admin

yeah i know, but its too cold! i can see my self breathing outside in our shed where the bike is :shock:

I have a YZF750-R too. Also a 1994. :D

Standard other than Akrapovic end can, braided hoses, K&N and Virgin Mobile Rep paintjob by Rapier Paints. Oh and downgeared by one tooth on the front sprocket.

yzf01thumb.JPG :D

Click for larger image.

Loads more pics on my website.

• Admin

Nice bike stew, dont seem to be too many out there in good condition. I think its just that they are such an underestimated bike :shock:

Recently the UK press has been giving these bikes some decent write ups as second hand bargains. The original problem was that the bike was released as a high spec 750, which would have been fantastic...... had the Fireblade not been released at approximately the same time at a lower price. Yamaha were just unlucky with their timing I guess.

Still, I love mine and it does everything I need of it, kneedown, acceleration (11.6 second quarter mile at Straightliners, Elvington) and speed (151.1mph again Straightliners@ Elvington).

• Admin

Yeah mcn gave it a good review

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes/detail...ocumentID=65554

Did you realise that they still make them! I think i read about it in bike magazine, cant remember what country it was in though :?

Used to have a YZF750 myself....one of the best bikes i've had :P

MyYfz.jpg

Not the best piccy...but it`s the only one that i have :oops:

Bazza

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have a spotless YZF750R exactly the same as yours Beezkneez. It was a year younger and I used to love that bike. There wasn't a mark on it. After I sold it I saw it about a month later. The new owner had got it re-sprayed red/white and he'd dropped it and it looked awful. I was a bit gutted to be honest, he'd ruined it. :cry:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online