Jog RR Engine, No power

Steven G
This post is 5291 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My moped doesn't seem to have any power and i'm not sure why, it runs and idles fine, but then after a short few seconds when pulling away, it sounds like it's trying to go, but can't.

After taking it apart, I found this part, and not sure what it is, and whether there is supposed to be anything connected to the end. It goes to another part, then the pipe down into the exhaust with nothing else going into it?

1000443c.th.jpg

(Click to enlarge)

Also, the local bike shop told me to take the carb apart, and I have a picture of the carb:

1000444c.th.jpg

(Click to enlarge)

How to take it apart? is there any special information / things I shouldn't do?

Many Thanks,

Steven gibbons

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds a bit like its running lean (not enough fuel), seeing as it idles fine then the pilot jet should be clear, try cleaning out the main jet.

now, removing the carb on the DT is a lot simpler because theres no plastic to get in the way, im unsure on your particular ped but you may need to remove the airbox to get to the carb itself and then undo any nuts/bolts which hold the carb onto the reed block (back of the engine).

once you have the carb off, turn it upside down and undo the four screws on the bottom and remove the float bowl. you should now see a little brass screw with a hole in the centre on the end of a small shaft sticking out of the carb body, check the hole is clear and free from any dirt which may restrict the fuel flow, use a nylon bristle from an old toothbrush or carb cleaner (or for best result use an airline to blow through it).

this should solve the problem, if not, its probably something else

picture 1 looks like a crank filter, your bike might need this connectied or it will draw in air. is that not the pipe shown in the background?

drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online