poppies

mervin
This post is 5293 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dont forget your poppies for the brave lads and lasses that fought for out freedom.and when it is over if you still have a bit of money to spare between now and next july donate a little to the help for heroes honda XRV ride, just click the pic below any of my posts, from the website to describe what this bunch of bikers are doing, oh and it is not just hondas either anyone can join if they and their bike are up too the ride

Now in its third year, Team XRV's Longest Day ride in 2010 is dedicated to the memory of those who have fallen in the service of the country and it is aiming to raise money for their colleagues who served and are wounded.

Team XRV is made up of people of different nationalities, different philosophies, different opinions, but we all agree that no matter why politicians have placed soldiers, sailors and airmen in danger, those men and women did their duty on behalf of us all. We owe it to them to make sure they are properly looked after.

Just before the longest day of 2010 then, between 50 and 100 riders will chase the sun from the Eastern-most point of the UK to the Western-most point in Ireland, to finish within the day. Most bikes will start with two wheels and an engine; a finish on foot or on a recovery truck DOES count. It is not a race: it's a celebration of the freedom we enjoy and which our armed forces protect.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Was very proud when my 5 year old asked if he could wear a poppy.

Of course he doesn't understand the symbolism or how important it is (yet), but the look of pride on his face when he's wearing a poppy made me very proud too.

Seems a paradox that all these years later the Brave Lads and Lassies of this country are in foreign lands fighting for our continued freedom, fighting an enemy part funded by the humble poppy :unsure:

my 12 yr old son bought his own poppy with his dinner money, made me feel proud that did.

we're marching this sunday to eccles cenotaph (scouts)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online