Replacement plastic fenders?

WallyB
This post is 5307 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My 1978 DT175 plastic fenders and side panels are faded badely, and I've looked everywhere (including EBay) for new replacements. Any suggestions where I might find them would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

WallyB

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My 1978 DT175 plastic fenders and side panels are faded badely, and I've looked everywhere (including EBay) for new replacements. Any suggestions where I might find them would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

WallyB

you could always paint them and fit new decals, I did mine with rattle cans and they look good if you put time into it.

Eeek,

I notice in the photo of your DT175 new looking fenders, especially the front one. Is this an after market item you purchased?

Cheers,

Wally B.

Eeek,

:lol: you gotta be English to understand that one, names Paul ;)

I notice in the photo of your DT175 new looking fenders, especially the front one. Is this an after market item you purchased?

Cheers,

Wally B.

Like I said they were sprayed with rattle cans, I went to the local car accessory shop on my bike they mix their own colours and give you an aerosol. I ploughed through the many shades of blue in several books until I found one a very close match and they mixed it. so with flexible primer first followed by several coats of gloss and finished with clear coat laquer (gas proof if possible) carefully rubbing down with wet/dry between coats. ok its a long job i know, the alternative is get them done by a professional sprayer.

DT175MXSide-panels.jpg

RFender_3.jpg

the alternative is get them done by a professional sprayer.

U biggrin.gif are a professional Auld eektongue.gif [een]

Paul,

An excellent job indeed. I'll try to duplicate your fine workmanship.

Cheers,

Wally

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online