bike and introducion

cterror
This post is 7260 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

this would be my bike as it is now. havent gotten the time yet to start working on it. i did manage to buy one set of r-1 front fairings to go with the r-6 rear. its an yzf 750 sp -93 with fzr 1000 engine -95. crashed in 2000, hence the nicks in fairings

yamaha-yzf750-93-bikepics-072287.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

HI Mate, nice. I heard that the R7 fairings are pretty straightforward to fit, just need to make new brackets to hold the cone and instruments on. Do you know what sort of work is involved in fitting the R1 fairings? And what work is required to fit the R6 back?

I would love the R1 back on my bike! 8)

Let us know how you get on with the conversion :wink:

i knew that the r-7 fairings would have been quite easy to fit but i had a few reasons for going to r-1. the first thing is the actual fairing... i got the r-1 race fairing for 175 eur (new fairing, never painted -99modell) from e-bay.de. the r-7 fairing would have costed double at least from sebimoto. second problem is the headlight assy. you can find used r-1 headlights for 150eur but the only place that sells r-7 lights is yamaha corporation orginals and sharkskinz.... 390eur =///. third is the windshield, again r-1 available in all shapes and colours for little if used. r-7 windshields cant be found in colour, or i havnt at least found them.

r-6 rear was easy. sp model yzf has an removable rear assy.. dont know if other yzfs also have removable. i just took the original away and welded an new to fit in old mounts and the slim r-6 design. the r-1 rear is quite alike so the fitting should go as mine... i like the r-6 better but thats an personal oppinion. i also got an rear seat by this, although i prefer my ride as singleplace only.... no women aloud... njähä :D

• Admin

Seems weird that there are companies that do the r7 conversion for the r1 and r6, for reasonable amount of money, but no similar alternatives for the YZF.

I think the only differences between the R and the SP, are that the SP came with a closer cut gearbox, klein flatside carbs and single seat :roll:

I would love to get an R7 fairing kit for my YZF750R. The plan is to one day buy an R7 race fairing and 'make' it fit. Possibly with endurance style headlights (as mentioned the R7 headlight assembly isn't easy to get hold of) and get it sprayed in virgin mobile colours just so that it matches my tank. Alternatively I could buy a 2nd hand tank and get an original R7 paint scheme just so people can recognise what it is supposed to be.

R7's are such sexy bikes though aren't they. 8)

Of course this is all plans for the future as I would have to stop riding my bike to undertake work of this kind. :roll:

• Admin

R7's are such sexy bikes though aren't they. 8)  

Your telling me! :wink:

yr7_jpg.jpg

Your telling me! :wink:

yr7_jpg.jpg

U just have to love that pic... drooolll... :D

ill post some pics of my bike as soon as i get the fairings in place. i can also take a few of the rear assy so youll all see how things fit to place.

That was Nori Haga's R7....he came sooooo close to winning the world title with that bike....gotta be one of the BADDEST Yamaha's on the planet z_thumb.gif

ill post some pics of my bike as soon as i get the fairings in place. i can also take a few of the rear assy so youll all see how things fit to place.

Could you take some pics as you are going? Make a kinda FAQ for all of us wanting to do something similar. :wink: Of course if you can't be arsed /don't want to, then don't bother. :)

• 2 weeks later...

you have my engine in your bike...whoooosh :twisted:

gotta agree with the guys...would be a great idea if you could post your piccies up :D

Bazza

sorry guys i havent gotten the time to take any as of yet... been busy as hell at work and just finishing my new bathroom :D ... my missus said i dont have any access to garage before its done! :oops:

Damn Women!!......They really know how to hurt a guy, don't they? :wink:

• 5 weeks later...

Sweet pics man, just found the site...I'll be pokin' around a bit to see what kind of other goodies are here? Where's the video section....any organized rides or not so organized rides get accomplished via the site? Love the looks and format so far...see you riders around, right.

• 3 months later...

sorry guys i havent gotten the time to take any as of yet... been busy as hell at work and just finishing my new bathroom :D ... my missus said i dont have any access to garage before its done! :oops:

oorait. bathroom cleared out (actually a few tiles still but quite there). I finally got some time to try out the r1 fairings and man did it take time and some heavy grinding to get them into place. It seems that all race fairings are the same :?

a few beers and time alone in the garage with the grinder did the trick and the fairing now sits in place.

ill trye to explain everything that needed to be done before they sat in place. roughly same things will be needed to be done if someone plans to go the "R-7 way" :D

ill post some new pics when i get an digicam to the garage. hopefully this weekend.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online