1973 ct1 key switch question

Chunkstyle
This post is 5326 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi --

i'm a newbie to this site, as well as to motorcycles in general. this past spring, i bought an old 1973 ct175

fairly cheap (missing some parts & needing work) from a neighbor down the road, intending to fix it up with my son as a father-son project. never owned (or ridden, for that matter) a motorcyle before. after much time on ebay, on the phone with our local yamaha dealer, scrounging parts & figuring out how to cobble stuff up, we're getting fairly close to trying to fire it up for our first time.

one question, though -- on this bike, there are no markings on the keyswitch that indicate what the key positions are for. it seems as if there are 3 positions it can be in. can anyone please tell me which is 'off,' which is 'run', and what the third one is for?

are there by any chance pdf's of the owners' manuals for these available anywhere, or are there still under copyright & not available in that form?

thanks!

drew joseph

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi --

i'm a newbie to this site, as well as to motorcycles in general. this past spring, i bought an old 1973 ct175

fairly cheap (missing some parts & needing work) from a neighbor down the road, intending to fix it up with my son as a father-son project. never owned (or ridden, for that matter) a motorcyle before. after much time on ebay, on the phone with our local yamaha dealer, scrounging parts & figuring out how to cobble stuff up, we're getting fairly close to trying to fire it up for our first time.

one question, though -- on this bike, there are no markings on the keyswitch that indicate what the key positions are for. it seems as if there are 3 positions it can be in. can anyone please tell me which is 'off,' which is 'run', and what the third one is for?

are there by any chance pdf's of the owners' manuals for these available anywhere, or are there still under copyright & not available in that form?

thanks!

drew joseph

Hello MY DT 175 key switch positions are key fully turned to the left = off , one click right ignition, two clicks right igniton with head light, three clicks right ignition off side/parking lights on.. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)