a quick hello

devildfor
This post is 5376 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have just joined today and am impressed with everything and everyone on this site i have recently passed my bike test and also did my advanced diamond test ,shortly after this i bought a 99 t reg yam r6 ( alot of bike ) i have been riding it to work and everyday it does something to surprise me . at work we have a large yard as to which is about 600 meters to the security lodge excelerating very hard i think i have had my first tank slappin session today my own fault was showing off but nether or less i am loving this machine i have a couple off questions though my bikes done 22800 miles is there owt i need to be getting checked owt rear sprockett is fine and the bike has been well looked after not a mark on it .........my pal who has been biking for years says its imaculate but he has a mille so his is always breaking down and i was wondering was there anything im missing that should just get sum 1 to check over or have i just answered my own question

looking forward to all your responses , wont be offended if there isnt any lol

cheers daz b devildfor :offtopic::unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

welcome to the mad house devildfor,it wont do no harm to have it serviced,i have a mate who i now and trust to do mine ,as i dont trust grease monkeys at most garages,but that dont mean that you cant trust em,ya pays yur money and takes your chance?'.

:wavey: Hiya..

I also have a T Reg R6 and it was my first bike too :D

Bought mine last August, ive found with mine the clutch needs attention soon and I have just replaced chain & sprockets. Oils perfect for the age, its been maintained & changed regularly...just keep an eye on that...hoses etc

Been riding mine now almost a year and the bike still amazes me now..:lol:

even if you have a mate who you could call an 'expert' to look over it i think it should at least quarm any questions or concerns. If not then i suppose no harm in booking it into a garage. Luckily i have a section at work who service all their own cars/bikes etc, and i can pop mine down to them, even get the service paperwork :D

thanx for your replys and lovin it everyday love the response RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT lol
see drewpy ,they know what they want ,sheesh dont go daft what you like?

Quote: 'Tank slapping session' :o:unsure:

I would get the tyre pressures, steering head and swinging arm bearings checked out just to be on the safe side. :rolleyes:

ATB

J