78 xs 400 lights on off switch

jordanscycles
This post is 5392 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hahaha, just i have a lights on off switch on my 1978 xs 400 on the right handle bar cluster. And it only turns the bike lights on and off when the engine isn't running. Shouldn't it turn them on and off when it's running as well? Because they just stay on while running. pherhaps someone unplugged some connection in the headlight bucket? just curiousity really, and sorry I was tired when i typed this up before.24nee78.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the Lights on off switch on my bike only turns the head and dash lights on or off when the bike isnt spinning fast enough to turn it on. It seems like it should allow me to turn on or off the lights whenever i want, like when its running. is this not the case? are these running lights?

I've read this 5 times and I can't quite get what you are saying!!

I've read this 5 times and I can't quite get what you are saying!!

Unless I'm misreading it, he's saying the once the bike is running and he turns on the lights the light switch doesn't turn the lights off. I don't know about other models but the US models I believe work this way by design, the light once on while running stays on till the engine stops.