Rusty swingarm repair?

wild foamy
This post is 5395 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

took my rear wheel off last week to change the brake shoes and noticed that on my swingarm there it has rusted (almost completely through) on the upright support that connects to the monoshock, ive had a look on ebay for a replacement arm but they seem to be few and far between (not to mention expensive) so it looks like i will have to repair it as best i can.

i have basic knowledge of welding, but is there any specific measures i need to take to patch up the swingarm? (seems to be thin)

regards

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi everyone.

took my rear wheel off last week to change the brake shoes and noticed that on my swingarm there it has rusted (almost completely through) on the upright support that connects to the monoshock, ive had a look on ebay for a replacement arm but they seem to be few and far between (not to mention expensive) so it looks like i will have to repair it as best i can.

i have basic knowledge of welding, but is there any specific measures i need to take to patch up the swingarm? (seems to be thin)

regards

Steve

hey i can get hold of a dt 125 swingarm and have couple of tzr swingarms if they can be of any help ??

thanks for the reply but i think the TZR and DT125 frames (and most probably swingarms) are very different from the DT50MX one, im concentrating on repairing it to get it through its MOT (even though the MOT isnt until november)

I'd prob leave that job to a professional Stevo, if it was the Jawa then I'd have a go, harder to burn holes in bent rail track :lol:

trust me the Jawa is full of rust, plan is to get the frame cleaned and powdercoated when i have the time/money... maybe when im at RAF cosford :lol:

trouble is nobody seems to be breaking the older DTs, ive seena few of the newer model swingarms but no older ones :\

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online