DT125R fueling?

reevo
This post is 5403 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all newbie to your site.

i bought a dtr that neede some tlc. after lots of blood sweat and tears its nearly finished.

problem is when i first rebuilt it it would'nt rev past 6000rpm when it was under load, 7000rpm when standing . the mains jet was 125 so i went up to a 140, this improved the reving by 1000rpm .then i went up to a 200 this improved the reving by a ferther 3000rpm . still the thing wont run right , low down in the rev range i get a deep sounding poping from the air box. high up in the rev range it will rev to 9/10000rpm then dies for a second or 2 , pops and bangs then comes back to life upto 9/10000rpm then does the same again.

the bike is H reg with fixed valve , full dep zorst and 1mm over bore.

never realy messed with fueling before on 2smokes so could do with a point in the right direction please.

thanks reevo

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all newbie to your site.

i bought a dtr that neede some tlc. after lots of blood sweat and tears its nearly finished.

problem is when i first rebuilt it it would'nt rev past 6000rpm when it was under load, 7000rpm when standing . the mains jet was 125 so i went up to a 140, this improved the reving by 1000rpm .then i went up to a 200 this improved the reving by a ferther 3000rpm . still the thing wont run right , low down in the rev range i get a deep sounding poping from the air box. high up in the rev range it will rev to 9/10000rpm then dies for a second or 2 , pops and bangs then comes back to life upto 9/10000rpm then does the same again.

the bike is H reg with fixed valve , full dep zorst and 1mm over bore.

never realy messed with fueling before on 2smokes so could do with a point in the right direction please.

thanks reevo

i fixed it and just in case there is any one on here that is interested it was the CDI.

Hey reevo didnt know you got a DT?

i fixed it and just in case there is any one on here that is interested it was the CDI.

Thats a little harsh, another of the must have everybody waiting for ME generation.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online