My 2008 Graphite R6 Replacement......

R6Ricky
This post is 5214 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A 2008 Graphite R1 :D

Was tempted to get either an 09 R1 or a 1098S, but after a test ride on the 08 R1 i simply fell in love with its instant torque, which i prefered to the new R1 which i felt i had to rev a bit more.

Mod wise its basic, tail tidy and wavey discs, gonna keep it like this for a while til i decide which cans etc to buy.

Sorry for only having 2 pics but my camera died :angry:

PICT0374.jpg

PICT0373.jpg

Ricky

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Top bike m8, have wanted R1 for a while but don,t know if i could justify it or convince wife :offtopic: Anyway prob a bit early to say yet is there a big difference between R6 and R1 on road and if so what ? What made your mind up about moving to R1 ?

Top bike m8, have wanted R1 for a while but don,t know if i could justify it or convince wife :offtopic: Anyway prob a bit early to say yet is there a big difference between R6 and R1 on road and if so what ? What made your mind up about moving to R1 ?

Cheers mate. Haha my other half only found out about it after i picked it up last night, was good as shes at TITP so gave me a bit of time to pick it up etc without any questions :D Needless to say she was less than pleased when she saw it last night however, but hey ho ;)

Main difference is the R1 has much more accesible power at lower revs, which i think makes it easier to ride around the town or even back roads and over taking, i got a bit fed up of having to constantly wring the R6's neck to get it to perform(altho a part of me wishes i still had the R6 for that very reason :blink: ). Ive yet to fully use the power of the R1 as it simply scares the pants off me :P

Think the R1 was just a natural progression from the R6, i got bored of it tbh, well not so much the bike as it was awesome, but at 6'3 i never felt proper comfy on it, kept getting pains in my wrists, neck, shoulders and back, and that was even after the shortest of runs. The R1 however suits me perfect as its just that tiny bit bigger.

You should try an R1 out, awesome pieces of kit B)

Ricky

Got a test ride booked on 09 R1 at carrick in edinburgh but they sell all there bikes so no demo bike yet also r6ricky time you changed your name :D

The 09 model is ace mate, a thought it was very 600cc like in its handling and manic revving, only thing that put me off going ahead with getting my one was it doesnt have engine braking, which was a major factor in me going for the 08 bike.

Haha yeah i'll need to ask one of the mods to change my name to R1Ricky...or just R1cky ;)

Oh btw, Duffus in Kdy may sell there demo, youd have to ask tho as they just fitted Akra cans, Power Commander and got it Dyno mapped.

Ricky

looks great mate :)

are they armstrong wavy disks? they look the same as mine

looks great mate :)

are they armstrong wavy disks? they look the same as mine

Cheers mate ;)

Eh no idea, anyway i can telll the make?

should say on it somewere lol

should say on it somewere lol

Lol that would make sense actually, a'll have a look :rolleyes:

Hows your bike going mate? We still need to get a run ;)

Well leaving it as is didnt last long, today i ordered a whole lot of crash protection mushrooms, new tail tidy, new tank pad, new mini indicators(same as i had on the 6) and a lush set of full carbon Termi cans :D And to come in the not too distant future is a tinted double bubble and seat cowl, would have ordered these today but got a new lid and leathers instead, my missus is gonna be furious :rolleyes:

Bike gets new bits fitted the 3rd of Aug when im back from work, so will let you guys see it when its done.

Ricky

• 2 weeks later...

sweet lol

you wife needs to accept the bike :lol: i no what i would pick.

your disks will be galfer disks i presume

• 1 month later...

Right guys n gals, have changed a few parts the past few days, 1st of all is my tasty carbon fibre Termignoni cans, werent cheap but they look and sound the dogs danglies :D Next up the old tank pad had to go as it was made from play doh a think, then some crash bungs, different rear mini indicators, front mini's still to be fitted, and also bought a DB smoked screen and single seat cowl today, will have these fitted next week :D Let me know what you think so far ;)

PICT0413.jpg

PICT0414.jpg

PICT0415.jpg

PICT0416.jpg

PICT0417.jpg

PICT0418.jpg

PICT0419.jpg

PICT0420.jpg

Oh and the 1 toy i have which would kill the bike is the purple car in my garage behind the bike, 800bhp of freshly rebuilt Skyline GTR muscle :o

PICT0400.jpg

PICT0401.jpg

PICT0403.jpg

Could have had 2+ new 09 R1's for the price that engine and other parts have recently cost lol :lol:

Ricky

nice!

I have to laugh though at that the tire is still off the minivan and its been a month between pics.

no wonder the missus doesn't like the bike..... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

nice a r32 skyline :)

my mate has a r33 skyline with a r34 engine, so its 4wd :) got about 450bhp... not as much as yours tho :o

gary2.jpg

Mmmmmm Skyline, i love them, just got my 1 back after 20 months away getting fettled with, and still havent used it, its covered 1 mile the past month :( Damn R1 using up all my spare time :D

I want! lol (R1) Such a poser machine!! good choice B)

Lol cheers mate, its changing from a posers machine to an all out track slag over the next few months for next season tho, so watch this space B)

Nice Bike ,and car,.

Cheers Bob B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online