Chrome cleaning

jenkovix
This post is 5418 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks!

Today a guy offered to me the Xzilon 3 AECI stuff for polising metal/painted parts. It is an aircraft exterior appearance corrosion inhibitor approved by Boeing and Airbus. Demonstrated on my bike and results are very good: shiny and smooth surface. Serious stuff just like it's price: €90 a bottle.

Xzilon does someting similar for cars: has somebody used that one?

Alternatively could you recommend some good cleaning/polishing product what would keep dust, water and insects away?

Thank you

Hit the road

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

For cleaning, I use Muc-Off.

For polishing, I use Autosol.

For keeping crap at bay, I use ACF-50. It doesn't keep crap away so much as forms a barrier between crap and bike. The crap sticks to that and then you can wash it away afterward.

For washing and de-greasing I use Pro Clean. Unlike Jizer and Gunk if you miss a bit you can re apply and it doesn't instantly react (turn white) with the water. Its also not slippy on the floor.

Does anyone use MAAS polish as advertised in this months(July, p 30) Classic Bike? Looks interesting. :rolleyes:

ATB

J

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online