1973 ct(3?) 175

This post is 5435 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi! I just bought a not running ct 175 as a project. It's all there and not seized, and according to the last owner it needs a magneto. Are these still available? Any help with the new project would be appreciated, tips? Go-fast mods?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi! I just bought a not running ct 175 as a project. It's all there and not seized, and according to the last owner it needs a magneto. Are these still available? Any help with the new project would be appreciated, tips? Go-fast mods?

Need's a magneto is hardly a useable statement? need a little more info than that. As for go faster bits thats a VERY short list. But if you pull her about a bit and get us some info we can use there is no reason why you wont have her running soon enough.

welcome bri.

(sorry for the instant nickname there, I had a cousin named brian and we all called him bri.)

anyhow. good luck with your project.

I'm rolling on a 74 DT175 myself and im stateside so we may be able to share some resources (not that i have many) what year is it? I (or others here) may have a link to the repair book.

where are you located?

most likely, you need the coils rewound. the flywheel with the magnets in it is fairly rock solid.

but i would also bet that its something really much simpler.

as for gofast mods, lets start with just plain go. after you get it running go from there. you may find that it does very well. right now my dt flats out at 70 mph. and I wouldnt really want to go much more than that on it. its completely stock. the carb is junked and has no main jet, and the manual says that about 65 is its top speed......

cant beat an old Yama!!

Thanks, both of you! I'll replace/have the coils rewound and take it from there. And you're right, on that old school light frame, 70 sounds plenty fast enough!

Oh, I'm in Long Beach, Ca.