All Dressed up and Ready to go

Cy Welch
This post is 5447 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Finally got my tail trunk, got it painted to match the rest of the bike and tupperware and mounted on the bike. So as promised when I posted my last pictures of my 1100, here are the latest shots of it all dressed up and ready to rumble.

Right Side View

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTEuanBn.jpg

Rear View (what most other riders see :D )

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTIuanBn.jpg

Left Side View

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTMuanBn.jpg

Front View (Normally seen only by oncoming traffic ;) )

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTQuanBn.jpg

I tried to get a colour as close to the original factory colour as I could, even though I can't yet duplicate the two tone paint on the tank. Hopefully I'll be using my new air compressor and paint gun this winter to do a repaint with the two tone colour like factory and replicating all the pinstriping like new (I have it on good authority that the original maker of the bags and such will have reproduction pinstriping kits for them soon).

I think I'm going to install a wig wag module on the brake lights of the trunk too, that should get the cagers attention when I hit the brakes.

I'll be switching to LED bulbs on the taillights as well as soon as I can source the proper bulbs. Cuts the load on the charging system to a fraction (important on these old XS models).

PS: believe it or not, these pics were taken with my cell phone camera. I know you guys on the other side of the pond have some pretty awsome camera's in your phones, but over here most phone have really poor cameras. I really rather please with this one.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Absolutely gorgeous, Cy!!!

cool, the rear looks like something from the 70's show UFO, BTW it has the best theme music I ever heard

All those lights on the back do light things up a bit too. But they are putting a strain on the charging system. Budget says I get to put LED bulbs in on the 20th, and maybe I'll go ahead and order the ones for the turns at the same time. I guess next is an HID conversion kit for the headlight, that too will cut the watts down and maybe I can add some driving lights on the front.

Maybe I can to insane and figure out a way to hook up a 110 watt GM alternator in place of the factory one and really have lots of juice :lol:

Yeah - It looks like a spaceship - That's what I love about it!!

I grew up and am still in love with all the 80s Sci-Fi TV shows!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online