diversion rattle

hawkwindism
This post is 5467 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello all i am pretty new to this but would be greatful if someone could help me with a problem i have with fairing rattle.my baby has been fully serviced but the guys who did it said it was a common fault with these bikes.i have stripped the fairings and the front end,put it all back together but to no avail.help...thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello all i am pretty new to this but would be greatful if someone could help me with a problem i have with fairing rattle.my baby has been fully serviced but the guys who did it said it was a common fault with these bikes.i have stripped the fairings and the front end,put it all back together but to no avail.help...thanks.

Yer mine was bad too ,, i made mine better by adding double sided tape or thin draught excluder between all the joints

????

Good Luck .,........

Is it a continous rattle or does it just happen around 4500 rpm?

Is it a continous rattle or does it just happen around 4500 rpm?

just at about 3500-4500 rpm,i have been told it is a common problem by the guys at the shop where she was serviced etc but it is an annoying problem.

Sorry about delay answering, yes, it is a common problem I get it with mine at around 4500rpm and i'm sure it's to do with exhaust system because just before I had to replace them it almost dissapeared but as soon as I put new ones on it came back again. The annoying thing is on my bike 4500rpm is at 60mph so I tend to go at 62mph and it's completely gone.

Mike

hawk.... perhaps this stuff would help?

http://www.fatmat.com/kits/rattletrap/sheets.html

i figure if it can keep body panels and license plates from rattling at 200 db,

maybe some placed on the inside of your fairings would help..