R6 something not right!!!!

workers85
This post is 5482 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, my 2000 R6 seems to be struggling when i accelerate hard its a little juddery and really underpower then as soon as the revs build up it smooths out and rides like it should, can still lift the front wheel as soon as the revs are high enough but at the lower end something aint right. It feels like its not getting fuel but this cant be the case as it is sweet when the revs are nice and high.

Anyone have any ideas what i can check or what they think it might be??

Thanks guys

Paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hmm sounds like the cdi could have the Co2 limmiter set wrong on it so its starving you of fule because its hiting its maximum Co2 limmit you can remove it but i carnt remember how also im not sure you have it on the R6 but it seems nearly all yamahas have this (newer ones)

""hmm sounds like the cdi could have the Co2 limmiter set wrong on it so its starving you of fule because its hiting its maximum Co2 limmit you can remove it but i carnt remember how also im not sure you have it on the R6 but it seems nearly all yamahas have this (newer ones)""

The 2000 R6 is a carbed bike !

What pipe and air filter have you got fitted ?? did you fit them or did they come with the bike ??

Hi, my 2000 R6 seems to be struggling when i accelerate hard its a little juddery and really underpower then as soon as the revs build up it smooths out and rides like it should, can still lift the front wheel as soon as the revs are high enough but at the lower end something aint right. It feels like its not getting fuel but this cant be the case as it is sweet when the revs are nice and high.

Anyone have any ideas what i can check or what they think it might be??

Thanks guys

Paul

There are so many things this could be that without a full dyno test, I would not guess the outcome. Anything else that it does?

""hmm sounds like the cdi could have the Co2 limmiter set wrong on it so its starving you of fule because its hiting its maximum Co2 limmit you can remove it but i carnt remember how also im not sure you have it on the R6 but it seems nearly all yamahas have this (newer ones)""

The 2000 R6 is a carbed bike !

What pipe and air filter have you got fitted ?? did you fit them or did they come with the bike ??

Its got a standard air filter which i have ordered a replacement for and the can is a tube tech gp style can.

Yoda,

No other symptoms and seems to run as smooth as it ever has, untill i go for it thats when it buggers up!!

Ta

Its got a standard air filter which i have ordered a replacement for and the can is a tube tech gp style can.

Ta

Don`t know anything about your can ? popping and farting could be caused by the can or a leak in the exhaust system some where, are you running with or without the baffel in ?

Could even be a leak in the induction stubs/carb rubbers, that could cause both problems.

Fueling could be one of a hundred things !! the choke ain`t stuck on is it ? have you had the plugs out ? the ends should be light brown ? may be worth a carb strip and clean, make sure the float height is set correctly on all the carbs, then have the cards balanced.

Don`t know anything about your can ? popping and farting could be caused by the can or a leak in the exhaust system some where, are you running with or without the baffel in ?

Could even be a leak in the induction stubs/carb rubbers, that could cause both problems.

Fueling could be one of a hundred things !! the choke ain`t stuck on is it ? have you had the plugs out ? the ends should be light brown ? may be worth a carb strip and clean, make sure the float height is set correctly on all the carbs, then have the cards balanced.

Cheers for replying,

The can hasnt got a baffle, pretty sure there are no holes in the exhaust system, choke isnt stuck on, ive got some new plugs will be checking them tomorrow along with changing the filter, then i think i'm gettin out of my capabilities so i'll take it to a garage!

Thanks for the help will let you know what it is when i find it!

Paul

Just thought of one other thing its doing, on engine braking it is popping and farting a lot more than usual... <_<

With your other problems, it sounds like your carbs need stripping, cleaning and re-jetting :D

Are the carb rubbers the rubber on the bottom half of the airbox that go over the top off the carbs??

If it is I've just taken it off and 2 of the 4 were not seated properly

""Are the carb rubbers the rubber on the bottom half of the airbox that go over the top off the carbs??

If it is I've just taken it off and 2 of the 4 were not seated properly ""

Could be part of the problem, but check the rubbers that go from the carbs to the engine, these sometimes perish or crack and allow air to be sucked in there for weakening the mixture, more usual on older bikes than yours though.

"""The can hasnt got a baffle, ,"""

Could be the cause of your popping and farting !!??

""then i think i'm gettin out of my capabilities so i'll take it to a garage""!

Good move,,, better than buggering the carbs up altogether if you are not sure what you are doing !

Could be part of the problem, but check the rubbers that go from the carbs to the engine, these sometimes perish or crack and allow air to be sucked in there for weakening the mixture, more usual on older bikes than yours though.

"""The can hasnt got a baffle, ,"""

Could be the cause of your popping and farting !!??

:D Ha ha yeah, it does do it normally, but i noticed since this started happening its doing it differently!

I'll check them rubbers out in the light then tomorrow

Thanks again for the help

You ain`t been putting any of THESE in your tank,,,,,,,,,,,,have you ????? :idea:

Ha ha nah unless Bp have started to add it!

I've got the carbs out tonight, and checked the first lot of jets and they seem pretty clogged up, so i'm gonna take em into work tomorrow and get the comp air on to blow em all through!

Was wondering if it is worth gettin one of these dynojet kits rather than cleaning the standard ones?

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, i finally found the problem today, after stripping and cleaing the carbs and everything else, i found one of the diaphrams on the back of the 4th carb split!! Replaced it now its back to normal and i'm happy as larry!

Thanks for the help guys! :D:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online