dt125 help

streaky
This post is 5499 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi could anyone help with a link to picture/diagram that displays all components of a dt125 mk3 1987.

just bought a bike fora project for myself but am missing a few parts so would like to identify what i have and what i need to get. it has an engine, radiator etc but cant see a few bits like carb but am not totaly sure whats missing.

as its a 2 stroke do i mix the fuel myself or is there supposed to be an automatic oil mixing pump/bottle?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

as its a 2 stroke do i mix the fuel myself or is there supposed to be an automatic oil mixing pump/bottle?

That statement say's to me buy a Manual, BEFORE you go anyfurther.

One of the folks on here may have an electronic one or a link but don't go any further untill you have had a good read so you can understand what you have.

That statement say's to me buy a Manual, BEFORE you go anyfurther.

One of the folks on here may have an electronic one or a link but don't go any further untill you have had a good read so you can understand what you have.

I got the haynes manual for the Lc models from ebay for 8 quid delivered and it got to me in 2 days i beleive. However as im putting the bike together, ive had to take reference from my later manual for my 2005 model as it goes into further detail about specific components, regardless of the fact they are slightly different.

It would a be a job to create a tick list for every item. I thought about doing it before i went to build this one, but i think even if i did it wouldnt have been complete as its one of my first bike builds, and you often find bits that need to be replaced. If you've got the space to leave it apart in a garage then id say just get the manual and give it a crack. Mine is a field bike tho so im not too worried. Ive currently got a peice of rubber tube acting as a bush in the rear suspension until the yamaha dealer get me a replacment through :D

P.s i started with the swing arm and rear sus unit so that i can get it on wheels and under a cover out of the garage and out of my Dads way :D

here she is in her current form! You can see the rest of her behind the chair in the background haha!

p1804091637.th.jpg

hi could anyone help with a link to picture/diagram that displays all components of a dt125 mk3 1987.

just bought a bike fora project for myself but am missing a few parts so would like to identify what i have and what i need to get. it has an engine, radiator etc but cant see a few bits like carb but am not totaly sure whats missing.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Here is the 2 stroke tank, which is joined onto the coolant expansion bottle

p2004091621.th.jpg

Here is the Carb, nice a dirty :(

p200409162102.th.jpg

Here is the haynes manual you will need.

p2004091622.th.jpg

Here is the oil pump, photo taken from the haynes manual as mine is all cling filmed up.

p200409162201.th.jpg

Here is where the oil pump fits, underneath the cover.....this is on my 05 Dt tho, bear in mind :D

oilpump.th.jpg

Hope this helps.

Here is the 2 stroke tank, which is joined onto the coolant expansion bottle

p2004091621.th.jpg

Here is the Carb, nice a dirty :(

p200409162102.th.jpg

Here is the haynes manual you will need.

p2004091622.th.jpg

Here is the oil pump, photo taken from the haynes manual as mine is all cling filmed up.

p200409162201.th.jpg

Here is where the oil pump fits, underneath the cover.....this is on my 05 Dt tho, bear in mind :D

oilpump.th.jpg

Hope this helps.

hi thanks for your pics, they were a great help, i also have the haynes manual but i find it to be more confusing than helpful in some cases though.

however mine is a field bike so is missing alot of bits but now i know i need the oil bottle so off to ebay. started to tinker with the current engine as am replacing it anyway ( when i can find one!) and am starting to understand it all a little better now. so hopefully it wont be long before i get the ole girl running :D