WTB: 1976 XS500 Carb Chamber Springs

chrismejia
This post is 5492 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This past weekend I took out the carbs from my 1976 XS500 to give them a good cleaning and light rebuild and discovered that I am missing the springs from the carb chambers. So, I am hoping one of you guys may be able to guide me in getting them. Maybe one of you has an extra pair laying around? Any help would be greatly appreciated. $?

Here's what they should look like (from Clymer's manual)

2mwgoj8.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

may be if you know the size, maybe someone with a 650 can help as they look too big for springs from 400 carbs

drewps

Shoot! Yeah, I don't know the size and don't have one too measure. Anyone out there that can help me figure that out? Thanks :(

I just discovered that theres a special section for paid customers that can view for sale and wanted ads. Is this why I have not received much help on my request. just curious.

this guy just got one I believe he's parting it out.

http://chopperfix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8706

Thanks for the lead jeepurz! I guess I need to become a member of that site before I can look at the post. I've done that but It's been several hours and still no sign of the activation link in my email box. I may have to create a new account. Thanks for your help.

I just discovered that theres a special section for paid customers that can view for sale and wanted ads. Is this why I have not received much help on my request. just curious.

yes ther is a paid section for sale and wanted. the xs500 is a rare bike so you won't get much replies as people are not familliar with them

drewps

yes ther is a paid section for sale and wanted. the xs500 is a rare bike so you won't get much replies as people are not familliar with them

drewps

I have sorta discovered that now, lucky me (sarcasm). I guess my option for now is to get one of those over priced carbs being sold on eBay so that I can pick my parts from it. :( Thanks for your help drewps.

Thanks for the lead jeepurz! I guess I need to become a member of that site before I can look at the post. I've done that but It's been several hours and still no sign of the activation link in my email box. I may have to create a new account. Thanks for your help.

the admins gone right now, Ill try to get someone to help .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online