DT50 MX engine problems

Sami
This post is 5371 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

probably because i dont have a job now and my only income is the £5 a week i get form doing oddjobs around the house and for relatives.

i need work :(

ah i see .. i earn £15 per week .

there aint many of those things about :( stupid credit crunch , its why i'm going to college . fund the 125 fund :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

nah, RAF is the way to go for sure, can do a-levels and NVQs whilst your training and start on £12k a year, all food and accomodation is subsidised from wages, get to see the world, learn a trade, meet new people...

can't wait until i start in august ^^

but until then im siphoning fuel from the lawnmower so i can get to school in the morning... but Shhhhhhh ;) ...

nah, RAF is the way to go for sure, can do a-levels and NVQs whilst your training and start on £12k a year, all food and accomodation is subsidised from wages, get to see the world, learn a trade, meet new people...

can't wait until i start in august ^^

but until then im siphoning fuel from the lawnmower so i can get to school in the morning... but Shhhhhhh ;) ...

hurf .. everyones going into there . yeh but you dont actaully get any of that lol .

lol that willdo your dt no good ...and she cant be that expensive to run ,mine does at least 100 miles to a tankful...which costs me a fiver!

or are you just a tight wad lol .

oh my DT does 100 to the tank easily (£5 to fill it up usually) but im burning atleast £5 in fuel a week, and now that i dont have a part-time job im having to make do with the £5 a week i get from cutting the grass and doing oddjobs around the house.

so i can just about pay for the fuel each week, which leaves me nothing left for new forks on the Jawa or spare parts, anything that breaks on the DT has to be fixed with a welder, bolts, superglue and shoelaces

oh my DT does 100 to the tank easily (£5 to fill it up usually) but im burning atleast £5 in fuel a week, and now that i dont have a part-time job im having to make do with the £5 a week i get from cutting the grass and doing oddjobs around the house.

so i can just about pay for the fuel each week, which leaves me nothing left for new forks on the Jawa or spare parts, anything that breaks on the DT has to be fixed with a welder, bolts, superglue and shoelaces

good job she's a hardy bike :)

ah i see ... not good .. dont supppose u can ask to have a little more , i get paid nothing for doing oddjobs around the house :(

hmm yeah ur jawa's a bit of a mess ?

the DT is pretty much bulletproof, survived many of my newbie mistakes (running into a curb flat out at 40mph on a country road, pissing rain thinking the road was straight) and has kept going through the freezing cold and pissing rain.

the Jawa aint a mess, its erm... "under construction", it runs, everything is now wired in, all it needs is a new set of front forks (or rechrome the originals) and thats it.

and best of all... i done all the work on it myself :lol:

the DT is pretty much bulletproof, survived many of my newbie mistakes (running into a curb flat out at 40mph on a country road, pissing rain thinking the road was straight) and has kept going through the freezing cold and pissing rain.

the Jawa aint a mess, its erm... "under construction", it runs, everything is now wired in, all it needs is a new set of front forks (or rechrome the originals) and thats it.

and best of all... i done all the work on it myself :lol:

yep ..oooh mine hated the rain .. i rode her back in sleet and snow one nigth ... thats when she stopped lol

ah .. if there in good condition , keep the ones it has :) rechroming isnt much , well ...it isnt if you know someone who works on that stuff :)

its going to be cheaper to replace the forks with a set of RD350LC ones (about £40-50) than to grind and rechrome the originals.

if i had a job i wouldnt mind rechroming and rebuilding the originals, but alas i have to make do with whatever is cheaper :(

its going to be cheaper to replace the forks with a set of RD350LC ones (about £40-50) than to grind and rechrome the originals.

if i had a job i wouldnt mind rechroming and rebuilding the originals, but alas i have to make do with whatever is cheaper :(

Hi Foamy,

if you get elsie forks make sure that you mod them a bit .. they did tend to 'dive' under braking as standard, but not as bad as the Slovak forks did :blink: .. I guess you you will be fitting the front wheel & dual disk setup from the 350LC or are you going for the 250LC single disk option? (the single disk option didnt dive quite so much) I would guess the Jawa would be slightly 'over braked' with twin disks and the original Jawa componets may be difficult to fit to the Yamaha forks, so taking this into account it may be cheaper to have the Jawa forks done.

Regards Jim

im going to try and keep the jawa front wheel and brake system if i can, otherwise i will go for a single setup

i may have to end up fabricating a spacer setup for the front wheel/calipers but hopefully it shouldn't be too much trouble, lots of people in india have been putting 350LC forks on their Yezdi//Jawa/CZ 638, 639 and 640 bikes

will just have to cross that bridge when i come to it

im going to try and keep the jawa front wheel and brake system if i can, otherwise i will go for a single setup

i may have to end up fabricating a spacer setup for the front wheel/calipers but hopefully it shouldn't be too much trouble, lots of people in india have been putting 350LC forks on their Yezdi//Jawa/CZ 638, 639 and 640 bikes

will just have to cross that bridge when i come to it

Hi Foamy,

I still guess keeping the Slovak original will give you less problems than grafting RD forks in ... sorry but I guess we are :offtopic:

RegardsJimb

without a doubt it will cause me less problems, and if money was no object i would keep it 100% original.

keep in my im working on a 0 budget, anything that can't be fixed with cable ties and/or electrical tape has to either be taken from a different bike or re-machined and duplicated

without a doubt it will cause me less problems, and if money was no object i would keep it 100% original.

keep in my im working on a 0 budget, anything that can't be fixed with cable ties and/or electrical tape has to either be taken from a different bike or re-machined and duplicated

Whatever,

This topic is titled DT50MX engine problems so I guess Jawa talk is :offtopic: but as a last reply (as I wont do :offtopic: ). Ok 0 budget means that the £50 ish is not obtainable for the RD forks .. you have a pair of forks, wheel etc that could be refinished and reinstalled to the bike, you may feel that Yamaha forks may be better but in a real case of things the 0 budget may be better spent on restoring the originals as you have most parts 'built in' adding other factors may produce extra expenditure , which with a zero balance it is not 'perhaps' an option. I do feel for you only earning £15 pw and this is against our government setup ( you guys are sold short ?) There should not be anyone only earning £15 pw unless your parents are in a position to provide for you a deciede not to and the Government will take that into account. In my day, if you were out of work you ended with the dole

Regards Jim

• 3 months later...

I know how you feel when you have a love for your fist bike ive still got mine, its in the garage in bits but i wont get rid of it even though i know i could fetch at least £300 for spares. mine had a similar problem to yours but dont know what it is, on mine i think its something to do with the crankshaft i.e. Crank barings, small end barings? i dont know. :huh::D