XS500 Fork Replacement

stevem
This post is 4470 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Picking brains again.. I haven't been let down so far very impressed with the knowedge out there :D

My latest problem is the spindly 34mm forks on my XS500. I don't want to pay £150+ for a re-chrome (unless you know anywhere I can get it done cheaper!!!).

Is there another model that shares the same headstock dimensions as mine but will allow me to use bigger diameter forks? Does the LC range use the same yolks (tripletrees in US :rolleyes: ) with 35mm legs for example?

I would be happy to use the 34mm legs but it seems like the larger sizes are much easier to find

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The XS650 used 35mm forks i think, at least in the later models. Maybe that would work for you?

Picking brains again.. I haven't been let down so far very impressed with the knowedge out there :D

My latest problem is the spindly 34mm forks on my XS500. I don't want to pay £150+ for a re-chrome (unless you know anywhere I can get it done cheaper!!!).

Is there another model that shares the same headstock dimensions as mine but will allow me to use bigger diameter forks? Does the LC range use the same yolks (tripletrees in US :rolleyes: ) with 35mm legs for example?

I would be happy to use the 34mm legs but it seems like the larger sizes are much easier to find

• 1 year later...

any idea on the specs of the springs for the XS500? I'm looking for new ones, and can't find what size I need.

Yes, the xs650 fit the 500. mikesxs.com

• 1 year later...

Late answer , perhaps useful to others: The '76 (XS500C) and later used 35mm forks, should be easy swap.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online