Yet another newbie..

Rob82
This post is 5516 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all , i'm Rob , just joined up a moment ago as i've just bought a old 1987 fz600 off of ebay (i mean literally just bought it , not even picked it up yet) , so thought i would have a gander and see what its like on here , and if any one has a bit of knowledge of the fz600 i.e. common faults and problems to watch for , any advice would be very much appreciated .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all , i'm Rob , just joined up a moment ago as i've just bought a old 1987 fz600 off of ebay (i mean literally just bought it , not even picked it up yet) , so thought i would have a gander and see what its like on here , and if any one has a bit of knowledge of the fz600 i.e. common faults and problems to watch for , any advice would be very much appreciated .

Hi Rob,

is it an air cooled FZ600 or a watercooled FZR600 ?

Regards Jim

Hi Rob,

is it an air cooled FZ600 or a watercooled FZR600 ?

Regards Jim

Hi Jim , its an air cooled FZ600 , was looking at an FZR600 but this one came up at a good price (£335 on ebay , and came with MOT) , only problem ive noticed is the exhaust blowing slightly , but will probably find a few other when i get chance to go over it properly ,i've just got it home after a lovely 60 mile ride down the motorway in galeforce winds , heavy rain and bloody halestones . Was a bit of a mission to say the least but now shes home can start having a fettle and tidy her up a bit and get out on the road on 2 wheels again as ive not had a bike in over 2 years.

Hi Jim , its an air cooled FZ600 , was looking at an FZR600 but this one came up at a good price (£335 on ebay , and came with MOT) , only problem ive noticed is the exhaust blowing slightly , but will probably find a few other when i get chance to go over it properly ,i've just got it home after a lovely 60 mile ride down the motorway in galeforce winds , heavy rain and bloody halestones . Was a bit of a mission to say the least but now shes home can start having a fettle and tidy her up a bit and get out on the road on 2 wheels again as ive not had a bike in over 2 years.

A nice bike, but the only thing that I didn't like was the ridding position, made my wrists ache quite a lot, but a bigger person than me (you cannot get smaller) may not suffer so much

Regards Jim

No advice from me Rob - i am as mechanically minded as my two goldfish - but welcome to the forum and i hope your ebay purchase proves to be a good one! :unsure:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online