tdm850

pilninggas
This post is 5472 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well bee looking for a bike since my new zx6r got written off. saw an advert for a high mileage but tidy-ish tdm850 this morning on an R-plate.

popped along for a look and a ride, got it for £800 with 4 months tax and test.

back on the road soon and it gives me chance to fiddle with my fzr1000 again.

anyone got any comments on tdms?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

picked the tdm up yesterday, did 200 miles today. What a revelation, how quick are these things on A and B roads? Had the back end hanked out a few times. This thing makes my fzr1000 look like a barge and the zx6r i had (briefly) seem gutless (torque-wise) and just a little bit silly.

What a bike, i am amazed i got it for 800 and yet it seems flawless, ok top speed only 130mph, but it pulls like a train and handles so neutrally.

Does any one know of any TDM forums? the only forum i can find is carpe-tdm and its locked.

i havent smiled inside a helemt this much in yonks :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

picked the tdm up yesterday, did 200 miles today. What a revelation, how quick are these things on A and B roads? Had the back end hanked out a few times. This thing makes my fzr1000 look like a barge and the zx6r i had (briefly) seem gutless (torque-wise) and just a little bit silly.

What a bike, i am amazed i got it for 800 and yet it seems flawless, ok top speed only 130mph, but it pulls like a train and handles so neutrally.

Does any one know of any TDM forums? the only forum i can find is carpe-tdm and its locked.

i havent smiled inside a helemt this much in yonks :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi pilinggas, glad you like the TDM. Ive got the 900abs model and it's good fun for me, it shows a few 600's dust. Try again on Carpe forum, it shouldn't be locked. loads of advise and stuff from other tdm riders. ;)

all the best

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 99 Tdm 850.

Mighty machine.

Will never part with it.

Fitted it with exup wheels for looks and ease of tyre choice.

Exup (89) fork bottoms to take the wheel.

A metachex alloy swing arm to take the wheel.

Yzf 750 6 pot calipers and a laser 2-1 pipe

Have fun.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my '98' TDM 850 when my FZR went bang. I payed 600 notes and to be honest, as a bike mech i think its an awful bike to work on and the design seems to be along the lines of how they could force it all into the smallest area possable . . . i dont enjoy working on it !

Riding is a different thing alltogether. My only dissapointment with the ride is the petrol consumption when you give it some stick . . . it seems to double !

Good allrounder,but i had more fun on my FZR 6 . . .