SR250 Oil seal right crankcase cover

Khunangkaro
This post is 5531 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The existing seal reads S7 14 - 27 - 6 HS. The seal seems to be the original. It has the right specs, but has been inserted in the wrong way. If installed the right way one cannot read the specs. The nearest replacement that I could find is TC 14 - 26 - 7 and looks like having two lips.

The head gets oil when running. But the filter cavity has no oil after a few days not running! Is that normal?

What to do? Replace with the wrong new one or should I just pry out the old one and turn it around? The lip seems to be undamaged but might be worn. The rubber casing has some damage from priying out before.

How to fill up the missing 1 mm on the outside diameter at new the seal?

Is there enough room for the 1 mm more thickness?

ANY SUGGESTIONS very welcome.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Try your nearest Yamaha agent, dont assume its not available. Dont you have any 'Classic' bike spares suppliers in Thailand? you could even try an engineering bearings supplier they will sell oil seals as well.

I have two very well equiped seal shops around here. They just lacked mine. To-day walked around my area where are many most car parts shops. But now I found addresses of manufacturers.

The "big bike" shops usually deal with expensive popular and recent bikes, most built (assembled) in Thailand.

Go to Yamaha parts shop: They ask what kind: Oh Japanese (Not Thai Yamaha): NoNo. The "classic" workshops you must be lucky to find. Second hand parts never for SR250. SR400 is popular. SR250 maybe only one in Bangkok or Thailand. They know about it and that is history. To old.

The problem with any import bike is the registration and that is extremely expensive. As much or more as you pay for the bike. Control is tense in Bangkok and gets more and more tense outside. So people have these bikes for show, to fire up in their back street. But what is the use of that? So they get bored. And try to sell. They not want to spend on registration, because when you sell, hardly get that money back.

In fact most people do not like "classic". Most like noisy with racy look. If you see what they do to a SR400.... Well, not my taste. Still have seen five originals but never an SR250.

The reason I bought mine was because it is original and has registration of 15 years. And I was so blindfold by the registration that I believed the guy who said it's a SR400. And I did not check the papers carefully although I can read Thai.

So in fact I made a mistake because I first would like to have a SR400. But now I like my SR250 much more because never saw a second one in Bangkok. Besides, I think it will be much more economic on petrol while it is fast enough for me in the dangerous traffic here.

reminds me of the classic "passage to bankok" by Rush........ddda da dadada

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online