r6 insurance

skiellor
This post is 5431 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

no danger you will get insured for under £1000

and that bike at your age probally isnt a good idea, you wil kill yourself.

I'm assuming you mean a restricted R6 as it isn't possible for you to ride an unrestricted R6 at your age. I doubt you would get insured either to be honest, but if you do and want fully comp you'll be lucky to get it lower then £2500. And yeh what Shokz said you will kill yourself! Nice enthusiasm though!

yeah its restricted.

iv been riding a an old rd250 for a few years on a private track,

iv rode the r6 twice and it scares me because everytime i go to pull away it wheelies.

thanks for the advice

i would have bought a r6 or zx6r in august but insurance was going to rape my face

better of getting a 600 streetbike 1st then buy something like a r6 maybe 2 years down the line.

there is alot of nice 600cc bikes out there that are quick but dont kill you and your pocket

iv already bought it though

but i dont get it untill june any way because of the colour that i wanted it in il be glad to get nodded to by other bikers aswell because where iv been riding a moped i dont get nodded back at

ruddy hell, 17 with a new R6. If you can afford that youll be fine for the 1500-2500 for insurance.

ride safe fella

btw, try thebikeinsurer.co.uk for insurance, its a very good comparisons site. also as you are young buy a bike mag and try the insurance brokers in the back, be prepared to do lots of phoning and you amy have to have a very large excess.

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/products/mot...subview=colours

if you go on that and click the black one thats the 1 i have ordered :)

Same model as mine... And yeh if you give it some off the mark it does tend to power wheelie! A better option, second gear 8000rpm, flick of the clutch and away you go! (not on public road mind ;) )

Take Pillniggas advice about the bike mags, you may not get 100% perfect service from the insurence companies that will deal with you but you'll be covered at least!

iv already bought it though

but i dont get it untill june any way because of the colour that i wanted it in il be glad to get nodded to by other bikers aswell because where iv been riding a moped i dont get nodded back at

:mellow: So you have bought a bike you cannot control for a bit of kudos? :huh:

Don't get me wrong, it's a cracking bike, but seriously get yourself some post DAS training on it as soon as it arrives.

Doesn't matter how much off road practice you've done, at 17 you don't have a lot of traffic experience, that coupled with a bike that is much more powerful than you are used is potentially dangerous. At the very least get yourself along to the nearest Bikesafe day after it arrives.

Sorry for sounding like an old fart, but the fact you have ordered the bike without considering the insurance first suggests you're an impulsive kinda guy :P Just don't want those impulses getting you into strife ;)

As for the insurance, phone up, the internet quotes are not geared up to give the best quotes for new riders and restricted bikes, you're better off actually talking to a person.

:mellow: So you have bought a bike you cannot control for a bit of kudos? :huh:

Don't get me wrong, it's a cracking bike, but seriously get yourself some post DAS training on it as soon as it arrives.

Doesn't matter how much off road practice you've done, at 17 you don't have a lot of traffic experience, that coupled with a bike that is much more powerful than you are used is potentially dangerous. At the very least get yourself along to the nearest Bikesafe day after it arrives.

Sorry for sounding like an old fart, but the fact you have ordered the bike without considering the insurance first suggests you're an impulsive kinda guy :P Just don't want those impulses getting you into strife ;)

As for the insurance, phone up, the internet quotes are not geared up to give the best quotes for new riders and restricted bikes, you're better off actually talking to a person.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds like sence to me imo

• 3 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online