1992 SR125 Ignition Key

fireblade669
This post is 5536 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate any assistance that someone can offer here.

Long story short... My SR125 is here, my parents moved to France and took a lot of my things with them. This includes pots and pots of keys.

I only had one key for my little SR and I have just been stripping her down so I can use her again. However, I can't go much further without access to the fuel tank or ignition. Yes I could ruin them but I'm pretty sure my parents have the key.

Trouble is that they have hundreds there and they're hunting through them for me. They haven't found anything yet with a tell-tale "Yamaha" printed on it so I was just hoping that someone might be able to direct me to a photo of a key so at least we have something to go on!

Again, any help very much appreciated!

Blade

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

do you have a number from the lock

Merv

Not all Yamaha keys says "Yamaha". Mine says "JMA".

Have a look at this:

http://www.motorcyclekeys.com/blanks6.html

Not all Yamaha keys says "Yamaha". Mine says "JMA".

Have a look at this:

http://www.motorcyclekeys.com/blanks6.html

Ok interesting, the last image there looks to be the one. Unfortunately I can't find a number anywhere on the tank/ignition locks (not one I can see without major disassembly!

Thanks for that!

7383756587417.jpg

I will take a picture of my key this evening, maybe your mum / dad will be able to see it on the forum if its the right style.

Well, they've found the keyring it was on in a pot. My Dad has redistributed the keyring to his bike's spare key and my key to "somewhere in the workshop".

Would be grateful for the photo so he can print it and wander around the workshop doing an identity parade. I've had loads of suspects emailed to me already today!

A decent auto lockie should be able to impression the lock and cut you a new set of keys for a small sum.

You can even find how to do it yourself if your Google-Fu is up to scratch.

You basically need a wide hacksaw blade.

Heres my key, PM me your email address if you want a copy of photo.

BikeKey-1.jpg

That's the one! My parents now know what they're after! If all else fails, I'll go with the locksmith plan! :-)

Thank you all so much! Will let you know the outcome of this!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online