What would be easier (if any)

axl
This post is 7270 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fitting a 1ltr exup engine or (if it would work) fitting a 1ltr block and head onto the yzf750 bottom, again if would work.

you can do both of those thing´s. they are roughly at the same difficulty level but why would you do it? do you need more grunt? can you handle the 125hp yzf produces?

its nice of cource but you´ll get all sorts of trouble before it works the way that its supposed to do.

if i were you, id get myself a set of keihin fcr 41 carburators (400-1500€), overbore pistons (400-800€), a good headwork (800-1000€), an steeringdampfer (300€) and an nice set of Rennsport 120/180 sticky rubbers.

i would get faster bike then the yzf/fzr1000 conversion, and with better driveability. the cost 1900-3600€ is roughly the same as when you start to change the engine.

of course you can overbore the 1000 and then... but its a lot of €€€€

just a thought....

I had a look at D. Murray's site and there's quite alot of work to done there, it's these top mounting plates I'm not sure of.

I was hoping he'd have taken a few pics of them to show just how they fitted, I know cterror (I think) shaved some metal off the head, but is it shaved off the mounting holes?.

I'm really wondering if it's worth all the bother!

• Admin

The mounting plates are pretty easy to knock up, you can cut them out of sheet alloy yourself and polish them up. The best route is an overbore but like cterror has says is the most expensive option onless you can get the head and block work done cheaply

after doing the 750/1000 conversion reciently I feel it was well worth the effort, the adaptor plates are fairly straight forward, I was a bit concerned about that bit my self as its not something that there are a lot of pics of and even fewer drawings of them. I did my conversion as I wanted a bike which was able to do very long distances with ease but one that was also able to cut it in the twisties.

although I've still got a 750 lump sitting on the workshop floor just in case I change my mind and want blades beating me again.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online