Gritted roads

barkwindjammer
This post is 5558 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is my first winter using a bike, correct me if I'm talking 'Betty' here, do salted roads which have had no rainfall to wash them have a slight 'glaze' on them, I kno some of the other slip hazards, like- White lines, man-hole covers, 'segment transition strips (the tar line that joins, well,,,joins), banana skins, KY, and laminate flooring pieces-yep thats laminate flooring pieces.

I've not had a slide but it doesnt too 'old age friendly.

:mellow:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

not much more slidy than normal when its dry though definately when it gets wet,

sometimes i've noticed a bit of wheelspin when ive gunned it, can be a wee bit hairy,

but i dont go for it in the winter anyway just in case,

certainly dont want to test it ...

ian

not much more slidy than normal when its dry though definately when it gets wet,

sometimes i've noticed a bit of wheelspin when ive gunned it, can be a wee bit hairy,

but i dont go for it in the winter anyway just in case,

certainly dont want to test it ...

ian

me neither Ian, I need to preview my posts, I meant to say doesnt 'look' too old age friendly, :blink:

I did hit a plastic hub cover on a bend over snake pass doing 60mph.

It happened so fast it never got the "stomach pit feeling ", just straighted up the bike to the other side of the road and after I ran over it, carried on turning. Thank god no-one was comming the other way!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online