tick over

beowulf
This post is 5581 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi last week i started my bike fz1s , all ok got to my mates house about a mile stoped outside and the bike was reving at about 2000, on a closed throttle. so my mate without asking adjusted the little silver knob on the near side just under the tank. ticked over ok, had a little run out all ok. today went to start the bike had to open the throttle to start it & would not tick over unless throttle was opend a little. i know that its because he adjusted the tick over speed.what i dont know is why it could have revved fast in the first place. has this happened to anyone else.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

At a guess on the day your mate adjusted it, you inadvertantly had the choke opened slightly, this would increase throttle opening. So the next time youre out on the bike you use the choke to start, only this time you take the choke off properly and the engine stalls because it was adjusted when the choke was slightly on...a possibility?

At a guess on the day your mate adjusted it, you inadvertantly had the choke opened slightly, this would increase throttle opening. So the next time youre out on the bike you use the choke to start, only this time you take the choke off properly and the engine stalls because it was adjusted when the choke was slightly on...a possibility?

sorry but the choke is automatic.and it was revving fast when i stopped at his house.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online