fu**ing trafic wardens

steved
This post is 5530 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello, could do with some advice please, i park my bike outside my house, where there are double yellow lines either side of the road . there is a gap between my house and the double yellow lines this is where i park , so far i have about 10 parking tickets. what rights do i have for parking there, anyone help?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Pictures? Diagram?

Is this area a pavement ??

How much of the space are you taking up ??

Are there any other signs anywhere ??

how far from the Double Yellows is the bike? and how far from the house??

Now the double yellows: are they complete, unbroken, propperly ended (there should be a line joining them together at the end, extending slightly towards the gutter. OK, this is a technicality, but it could get you of the tickets if all alse fails - and the buggers will just fix it after...

??????

• 3 weeks later...

I would have made sure that I met THE local traffic warden ( or at least A local traffic warden) after my very first ticket and simply asked him for his interpretation as to where I could, or could not, park.

Whether you like it or not HIS ( or her) OPINION matters and it always helps to talk !

hello, could do with some advice please, i park my bike outside my house, where there are double yellow lines either side of the road . there is a gap between my house and the double yellow lines this is where i park , so far i have about 10 parking tickets. what rights do i have for parking there, anyone help?

althow they give the ticket freely the law is stricted on them too if there is gap check the end off the lines take phono of

em if there is a line like T at the end then there should b a sing up near by u might win this case good luck

Unfortunately relying on the things about the lines being brocken and not having terminals on the end of the lines doesn't always stand up to the defence you need. The double lines not only include the road but are active all the way to the building line, so if you have a garden it is this f the front door opens on to the stree than it is in line with the very front wall of your house.

Your best bet is that the ticket is wrongly worded and many are and therefore flawed.

Best thing is to register with http://www.pepipoo.com/ load an image of your ticket both front and back and your ticket (washed of personal details) and give an explaination of the offence. It will then get checked for dodgy wording, and errors will be made known to you and you can fight the ticket on that basis, your appeal will probably be rejected so you'd have to take it to PATAS to win.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I would just like to make you aware of a handy little website: TicketFigter

They cover pretty much everything there is to know about yellow lines and other types of parking rules.

Hope it helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online