Michelin Pilot Power 2cts

JUST ME!
This post is 5552 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a word of warning to anybody running Pilot Power 2cts. In my experience sports compound tyres grip pretty much as good when they are almost worn out as they do when they are new. However this appears not to be the case with the one that I am running on the rear of my sports bike. It is about half worn out and does not have anywhere near the same level of grip that it had near new. Rather disappointing considering this was supposed to be Michie's state of the art world beater. Even more so when you consider the price. Having said that the front is as good as any thing else that I have tried. Anyone hammering their rocket on a set of half worn out Power 2cts,take care! I posted this on a Yankie site and had plenty of feedback from riders with similar concerns! HAVE A BLAST!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Seems to be a Michelin trait.

I used to run the 2CT's and Pilot Sport Cups on my old Monster 900, and found that both would spin up quite easy when worn. Though they did slide with a really progressive feel though, and i quite enjoyed going through corners sideways like McCoy!!

• 3 weeks later...

Currently riding on Pilot Sports on my R6 and (touch wood) so far so good...however rear tyre is getting close to the mark now hence my post about tyres t'other day...

Currently riding on Pilot Sports on my R6 and (touch wood) so far so good...however rear tyre is getting close to the mark now hence my post about tyres t'other day...
Geday mate, Yeah maybe the R6 doesn't cook the rear up as much! I'm sticking with the PP2ct on the front and trying a Conti Sport Attack on the rear. I will have the Conti on soon as the rear PP is almost rooted. If your are interested I will pass on my opinion. Just purchased another new standard Pilot Power for the front of my Blackbird as they really suit the front of it. 16000 hard kms out of the last one.It almost looks like a slick and grips as good as new.I am running a Conti road attack B on the rear of it and it suits the rear of the bird however it was too hard on the rear of the GSXR. PP2ct on the front and a soft Bridgie or Conti on the rear of the R6 would be a good setup with about 36psi front and rear, solo. HAVE A BLAST! Paul.