Yamaha XT125 Hand Guards - Fitting!

bexman
This post is 5589 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've picked up some Yamaha XT125 Hand Guards from a breakers and although I'm assured they are for the XT125 I cant see how they would fit!

Does anybody have:

1) Fitting instructions / help?

2) Any recommended alternatives if these are the wrong ones!

Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

They look like poor quality after market ones, i know this because i had them on my DT, they attach by the lever pivot bolt but the pivot bolt is shouldered and is not meant to go through an extra 3mm of plastic so in my case i had some new pivot bolts made. even after doing this i still had to get creative with the saw and knife I may be wrong though as on the link you sent the mounting method cannot be seen!

I'd agree with Oldgit, can I ask why you want them ??

I've played with many different type of guards, and I've found that the big, flapy, open ended ones aren't as good as the wrap around aftermarket stuff.

If it's for lever protection then these aren't any good (my mate has them on his KLR, and he always carries spare levers!),

If it's just weather protection then, these will do, but you could get better.

Something like these:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__acerbis+han...;agid=566060462

I agree with all of that Darren, but i bought some acerbis ones and couldnt fit them due to the way the electric cables exited the switchgear on my bike, so it's not straightforward that you can use these either, like you say with those others you will only get a bit of weather protection.

I agree with all of that Darren, but i bought some acerbis ones and couldnt fit them due to the way the electric cables exited the switchgear on my bike, so it's not straightforward that you can use these either, like you say with those others you will only get a bit of weather protection.

Thanks for the reply's both, I am just looking for some for weather protection. Last week my hands were absolutely freezing even with cold killers under my gloves! I use the bike every day in all weathers so though they might deflect the wind a bit! I guess the aftermarket ones might be best, they look easy ish to fit providing the cables arent in the way as mentioned!

That's strange, the Acerbis wrap arounds I have clear all the grips/switchgear/etc, they mount fron the bar ends to well past the bit's 'n ' pieces. I'll get a photo, it'll show it better.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online