And yet another newbie

metal ken
This post is 5596 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

Just registered today, I am Ken, 22 years old from just outside Edinburgh, I am well into my bikes even from an early age. I own a motorbike breakers and have got a bad habit of keeping to many bikes for myself than breaking them for spares.

I have got a few bikes of different makes, I have got a couple of Yamaha's, I have got an old aircooled dt125 field bike modified with an alloy petrol tank, monoshock and a few other bits and bobs. Also got 2 RD350LC's that i am doing up, one a road racer with rickman fairing and race body kit, The other a more standard type with belly pan and bakini fairing, still needing a few bits and bobs.

Cheers, Ken

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just registered today, I am Ken, 22 years old from just outside Edinburgh,

Cheers, Ken

Welcome aboard ken.. :rolleyes: plenty of info on here. and theres a yung nutter called shokz just alang the road fae u.. :lol: [just watched his vids on u.tube ...]

Hiya Ken and welcome :)

So was this a planned breakers business ? or did you just set up shop in your back yard once you couldn't any more in the garage :lol:

Love to see pics of RD projects ;)

It was kind of a mix between the 2 it was kind of planned and had to start off in the back garden last year, not my back garden, my parents back garden, they were so glad when i got my garage :lol:

Got a few pics of the RD's, i have got loads more.

Here is how it all started, got this from a mate as he was going to throw it in the dump, rd350 with tank, race body kit adjustable clip-ons and v5.

SP_A1877.jpg

Then i splashed out and spent 99 pence on a race fairing :rolleyes: which i will sit further back, and the bike will sit lower down once the engine is in.

SP_A2033.jpg

Then i got a doner bike which is now in the proces of getting restored to a more standard bike, will need an engine and running gear as the current one will be going into the 1st bike

102_1750.jpg

The engine was a bit of a mess on the outside and they guy i got it from had left the spark plug out of the right cylinder so i stripped the engine down to see the damage, this pic is what i seen when i removed the head

102_1753.jpg

Ken