Another Dragstar 650 V&H Cruzers topic!

r_blake_lawson
This post is 5359 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guys/Girls,

I really want to buy some Vance and Hines Cruzers for my 2004 XVS650A Dragstar classic to get rid of the wet fart noise my stock pipes manage... but I dont seem to be able to find anywhere in the UK that has them in stock.

I have to admit I'm also a little confused about which ones fit an 04 classic if I'm honest! :S

Any help / advice would be great. Got a lot of help with my last question and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Cheers!

Rich

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Get Highway Hawk straight-throughs instead and make your engine sound like a low-flying Spitfire!!!!

Seemingly, V&H models for the 650 Drag fit Classic & Custom models just fit all years.

Tried googling UK sites, maybe?

This was first on my Google list;

Clicky

Then I looked at the second one....

Which also had this lot

Google is your friend.

Oh you had to add another name into the hat didnt you!!?? haha Id read loads of reviews and finally thought I had the answer and you've got me thinking again!! :)

Thanks for the advice though - I got a little frustrated with Google ealier and rather than send the laptop through the window I gave up!

So now I dont know what to do... I'm back to square one! :S

R

If you want Cruzers etc at the cheapest price go here:

Offshore Motorcycles

They are REALLY helpful and didnt mind talking to me for almost an hour about what kind of sound i was after etc.

I ordered some but ended up sending them back cos i didnt have the header pipe to fit them and there was no fuss at all - they are both great blokes and i can recommend them highly for all your bike gear.

They take a little longer to arrive as they are from Guernsey, but well worth the wait.

I have an 04 Classic too.........

WOW - and what an 04 Classic you have!! Nice paint job.

Thanks for your advice - I'll def give them a ring tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on!

Rich

Offshore Motorcycles

They are REALLY helpful and didnt mind talking to me for almost an hour about what kind of sound i was after etc.

I ordered some but ended up sending them back cos i didnt have the header pipe to fit them and there was no fuss at all - they are both great blokes and i can recommend them highly for all your bike gear.

They take a little longer to arrive as they are from Guernsey, but well worth the wait.

I have an 04 Classic too.........

Offshore Motorcycles

See - A place so nice, we recommended them twice!!!

A different (and cheaper) option for making the bike sound better is drilling the rear baffles.

Six 10mm holes in the end of the exhaust - Sounds much better and no need to re-jet!

Should look something like this - Baffles.jpg

It also means that you keep the kite marked pipes - making MOT time a little easier!

I cant believe it! I was all set to place my order following your recommendations and I got a one line e-mail from them:

"Sorry, we are now closed down."

Back to square one!

A real shame if they were as good as you guys seemed to think!

Richard

See - A place so nice, we recommended them twice!!!

I cant believe it! I was all set to place my order following your recommendations and I got a one line e-mail from them:

"Sorry, we are now closed down."

Back to square one!

A real shame if they were as good as you guys seemed to think!

Richard

Shit you're kidding!!! They were really good, and theres no notice of them closing on heir website!

One place i do NOT recommend though is the Twisted Spanner at Malock Bath....PLEASE do not go there, he is a lying scumbag and will rip you off in a heartbeat.

Shit you're kidding!!! They were really good, and theres no notice of them closing on heir website!

One place i do NOT recommend though is the Twisted Spanner at Malock Bath....PLEASE do not go there, he is a lying scumbag and will rip you off in a heartbeat.

OK - I'll make sure i dont go there. Someone recommended Phils Mall but their all out of stock for 6 weeks. I feel like crying. I've also e-mailed 5 places asking which product fits an 04 XVS650A Dragstar Classic and nobody has come back... V&H list three products for a 650 Dragstar (31501 / 31503 / 31505)

I will also admit to making a fool out of myself at a Yamaha dealer asking for a replacement bulb for my speedo light... oh the shame... apparently there is no light... doh!

Its been a long adventure and its not over yet... I WILL get this exhaust!! Alcamy Bikes will ship to me for £419 but OMP were so much cheaper!

R

Ive just checked out offshore motorcyles - apparently they arent closed for good - the WEBSITE is closed for refurbishment so they cant take ONLINE orders

Ring them up and talk to them. :D

I ordered mine over the phone so theres no problems doing that.

Parts & Accessories

Telephone us on 01481 240576 ( Mon - Fri 9 - 5 )

Fax us on 01481 248173

E-mail address [email protected]

Contact name Roger Le Tissier

I will also admit to making a fool out of myself at a Yamaha dealer asking for a replacement bulb for my speedo light... oh the shame... apparently there is no light... doh!

YOU FECKING WHAT????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...... Go back there and punch whoever said that, right in the face!!

Seriously, put their nose through the back of their head.

Then demand a free replacement bulb for the speedo light.

OF COURSE there's a fucking light!!!!!!

How else does the speedo light up when you switch the lights on, eh???!!!

They are taking the piss, dude.

Page 249 of the Clymer manual (don't have teh Haynes one) shows you the lighting system wiring diagram.

It's a 12v 1.7w bulb. Page 279 shows you the bulb specs.

Not actually looked, so I'm not sure how to change them, but THERE IS A LIGHT ON THE SPEEDO, else you'd be speeding in teh dark and not have a clue!!!!

YOU FECKING WHAT????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...... Go back there and punch whoever said that, right in the face!!

Seriously, put their nose through the back of their head.

Then demand a free replacement bulb for the speedo light.

OF COURSE there's a fucking light!!!!!!

How else does the speedo light up when you switch the lights on, eh???!!!

They are taking the piss, dude.

Page 249 of the Clymer manual (don't have teh Haynes one) shows you the lighting system wiring diagram.

It's a 12v 1.7w bulb. Page 279 shows you the bulb specs.

Not actually looked, so I'm not sure how to change them, but THERE IS A LIGHT ON THE SPEEDO, else you'd be speeding in teh dark and not have a clue!!!!

You're having a laugh!? He made me feel about 2 foot tall and even laughed! I thought it was ridiculous to think that the speedo didnt light up but when your main dealer tells you there's no light you kinda take it as gospel!

I'll be "popping in" over the weekend. Rest assured I wont push his nose through his skull but i will be exchanging words!

FYI I have spoken to Mag Europe Ltd and Vance and Hines Direct and will be ordering my Cruzers shortly - best I could get in the UK was £450 delivered with a min 6 weeks wait... managed to get them from JC Motorcycles in the states for £280 delivered and all in stock! Cha-Ching! Lots of phone calls later I've been assured its part number 31501 for an 04 Classic.

We'll see!!!!

Rich

You're having a laugh!? He made me feel about 2 foot tall and even laughed! I thought it was ridiculous to think that the speedo didnt light up but when your main dealer tells you there's no light you kinda take it as gospel!

I'll be "popping in" over the weekend. Rest assured I wont push his nose through his skull but i will be exchanging words!

FYI I have spoken to Mag Europe Ltd and Vance and Hines Direct and will be ordering my Cruzers shortly - best I could get in the UK was £450 delivered with a min 6 weeks wait... managed to get them from JC Motorcycles in the states for £280 delivered and all in stock! Cha-Ching! Lots of phone calls later I've been assured its part number 31501 for an 04 Classic.

We'll see!!!!

Rich

See my previous post.

I am now shouting....stand well back......

OMP MOTORCYLES HAVE NOT, I REPEAT NOT CLOSED DOWN

Only the website is shut for refurbishment hence why the ste is closed for orders.

Call them direct and order over the phone - i put contact details on my previous post. - i did PM you about it too!

Ordering from the states may cost you dearly - at £280 you will have hefty custom charges on top of that so they will not be any cheaper - in fact i would hazard a guess that they will end up costing you a lot more. Check BEFORE you order them that they will mark them as a gift - if not you WLL pay heavily to bring them into the UK.

I thought it was ridiculous to think that the speedo didnt light up but when your main dealer tells you there's no light you kinda take it as gospel!

I have the benefit of both seeing it do exactly that and of common sense.

I don't mean that in a derogatory way, mate. They do like to prey on the newbies and the naive.

Do make them feel like the c**ts they are, though.

Consider finding another dealer as well.

My local Yammie bods know very well they lost the sale of a brand new FJR1300 simply because of trying the same shit with me. They also know I'm making a point of buying from either Honda round the corner, or from the Yammie guys in Newbury, JUST so I don't give them my money.

Of course, with that goes all the servicing and maintenance too.

If these guys continue to be obstinate pricks, do give me their number!!!

See my previous post.

I am now shouting....stand well back......

OMP MOTORCYLES HAVE NOT, I REPEAT NOT CLOSED DOWN

Only the website is shut for refurbishment hence why the ste is closed for orders.

Call them direct and order over the phone - i put contact details on my previous post. - i did PM you about it too!

Ordering from the states may cost you dearly - at £280 you will have hefty custom charges on top of that so they will not be any cheaper - in fact i would hazard a guess that they will end up costing you a lot more. Check BEFORE you order them that they will mark them as a gift - if not you WLL pay heavily to bring them into the UK.

Sorry Goff - didnt mean for you to think I was ignoring your help. I did look into it but if I'm honest I'm not sure I'm comfortable sending money to a company who seem to have a website closed and a member of staff e-mailing me saying they're closing down. I will give them a call today though and see if they can set my mind at rest. I've never shipped anythign so large or expensive from abroad and didnt realise there would be such costly extras to consider. I shall have to redo my maths... but I will try OMP!

I have the benefit of both seeing it do exactly that and of common sense.

I don't mean that in a derogatory way, mate. They do like to prey on the newbies and the naive.

Do make them feel like the c**ts they are, though.

Consider finding another dealer as well.

My local Yammie bods know very well they lost the sale of a brand new FJR1300 simply because of trying the same shit with me. They also know I'm making a point of buying from either Honda round the corner, or from the Yammie guys in Newbury, JUST so I don't give them my money.

Of course, with that goes all the servicing and maintenance too.

If these guys continue to be obstinate pricks, do give me their number!!!

Yeah its a shame they're such tw@s because I had a really good experience with the Yamaha dealer in Faversham where i got my bike - "The Bike Shop" - Really nice bunch of guys and very helpful. Shame the same cant be said for my local one! Oh well, worst case is I have an hour ride their everytime I need something! Lovely roads in Kent for a Dragstar! :)

Lovely roads in Kent for a Dragstar! :)

Try the B2160 heading from the A21 into Paddock Wood.

Used to do that every time I visited the Mrs (we both have Drags). Some great twisties around that area and Box Hill none too far, either.

There's another biker cafe closer, but I can't remember the name.......

Try the B2160 heading from the A21 into Paddock Wood.

Used to do that every time I visited the Mrs (we both have Drags). Some great twisties around that area and Box Hill none too far, either.

There's another biker cafe closer, but I can't remember the name.......

Sounds awesome... I'll look it up. It'll be a good run for a new set of pipes if I ever bl**dy get any!

Well, to update you all I now have a nice bright glowing speedo and an apology from my local dealer.

Still no news on the exhaust as I cant get hold of OPM. A very nice guy from Alchemy UK will order me one in so I'll probably go for that. A little expensive but no cheaper in the UK.

In other news I was unlucky enough to have my first accident over the weekend. Hit some gravel while braking hard and ended up on my side. Bruised ribs, broken thumb and an injured ego! The bike did amazingly at pivoting on the frame at the foot boards, my clutch lever and my saddle bags which protected my legs from anything more serious. Broke the indicator but other than that just scuffs.

Clothing to a battering but again it all did its job.

Ride safe... I quickly forgot I'm still a newbie and 10 months riding doesnt make me an expert!

Rich