Brake problem

DHtri
This post is 5614 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there, I have just bought an FJ12001TX and for some reason the back wheel has locked and won't move. When the bike is on it's center stand the wheel moves freely but when on side stand the wheel locks and will not budge. I have looked at the center stand to see if it's causeing the back brake to engage, but can't see anything that could be causing the brake to come on.

Is there a secret brake switch i'm not aware of? I've gone 3 day's without a ride and i'm starting to suffer withdrawl symptoms :(

Any possible suggestions would be appreciated.

Ta

dhtri

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thats a new one to me.

Never heard of this before, there are no brake switches while on the stand, could be a warped disk.

The best place to ask is HERE they know everything there is to know about the FJ.

Adam.

I found out what the problem was !!!! the heavy rain had over North Wales had caused the front disks to grip a bit more than required, which obviously stopped the back wheel turning (DOH !! i feel stupid ) Thanks for your efforts ;)

I found out what the problem was !!!! the heavy rain had over North Wales had caused the front disks to grip a bit more than required, which obviously stopped the back wheel turning (DOH !! i feel stupid ) Thanks for your efforts ;)

:question::blink: Eh? Thats weird, you sure youre back axle isn't loose?

Is it me or does that not make sense??

Why would sticking front brakes make the rear wheel lock solid? :blink:

Is it me or does that not make sense??

Why would sticking front brakes make the rear wheel lock solid? :blink:

Youve got to do some lateral thinking! If you cant push the bike coz the front brake is on then the back wheel wont turn, so...you 'think' the back brake is jammed on. :banghead: :banghead:

Youve got to do some lateral thinking! If you cant push the bike coz the front brake is on then the back wheel wont turn, so...you 'think' the back brake is jammed on. :banghead: :banghead:

Who said anything about when pushing the bike??

His original post said "but when on side stand the wheel locks and will not budge"

Who said anything about when pushing the bike??

His original post said "but when on side stand the wheel locks and will not budge"

so you dont do lateral thinking then, we moved on from his first post when he made a second one! or should we just accept his first post as a statement of fact? after all my back wheel doesnt move much either when the bike's on its side stand ;)

so you dont do lateral thinking then, we moved on from his first post when he made a second one! or should we just accept his first post as a statement of fact? after all my back wheel doesnt move much either when the bike's on its side stand ;)

my front wheel doesn't rotate either :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online