shaft oil coming out of breather

busa 03
This post is 5623 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi can any one help.ive shaft oil coming out of the breather pipe on my 900 divvy.ive renewed the oil at 200ml and the breather pipe when the temp becomes 0 outside i get oil coming out of the breather onto me back wheel.he grade of oil is 80/90 i would be grateful for any help as this is driving me nuts

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi can any one help.ive shaft oil coming out of the breather pipe on my 900 divvy.ive renewed the oil at 200ml and the breather pipe when the temp becomes 0 outside i get oil coming out of the breather onto me back wheel.he grade of oil is 80/90 i would be grateful for any help as this is driving me nuts

Hi not familiar but the obvious answer assuming youve got the right viscosity oil, is theres too much in there, is there a dipstick or a fill level plug?

Hi not familiar but the obvious answer assuming youve got the right viscosity oil, is theres too much in there, is there a dipstick or a fill level plug?

yer mate there is a level of which is just below the screw thread where you fill it up ive dropped the oil and put in 180 ml its meant to be 200 it seems to do it on cold days or over 100 mph which is good lol

I think the shaft drive system is being pressurised by the gearbox. It might be that the engine/gearbox vent pipes are blocked causing the whole crankcase to be pressurised which has then blown the seal on the gearbox output shaft.

Either that or you have gearbox oil leaking into the shaft area. Same seal.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online