No Spark

Special Man
This post is 5624 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all. Ive got my XS400 up and running then all of a sudden it died! :angry: It cranks and cranks but won't fire. I grounded out the plugs and no spark. Changed the plugs (New NGKs), still no spark. Changed the ignition switch and the coils. Still no spark. I do however get a spark out of the plugs when they are grounded if I turn the ignition switch on and off. . . :blink: What's next in line to change out? The voltage regulator? Rectifier? Ignitor unit? Any thoughts?? Thanks!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey all. Ive got my XS400 up and running then all of a sudden it died! :angry: It cranks and cranks but won't fire. I grounded out the plugs and no spark. Changed the plugs (New NGKs), still no spark. Changed the ignition switch and the coils. Still no spark. I do however get a spark out of the plugs when they are grounded if I turn the ignition switch on and off. . . :blink: What's next in line to change out? The voltage regulator? Rectifier? Ignitor unit? Any thoughts?? Thanks!!

points and condensor if it has a set

+1

Either the points have closed up or they are bridged in some way. You are performing the same function switching the ig on and off, as in stopping the primary voltage to the coils which is what generates the spark. The one good point from this is that everything else must be ok for it to spark. Have a close look at the points they may have slipped.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online