Mk3 RD125 YPVS?

GriftyWelder
This post is 5651 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI all,

I'm restoring an old RD ('87) but bits are very hard to come by.

I'm wondering if parts from any other old Yam's - DT's, TY's, TZR's etc - would be interchangeable?

I'm short of bits like a wiring loom, rear shock, YPVS unit etc and I can't find anything specific to this bike.

I was wondering if any of you would have advice on where to start looking?

Many thanks,

Jason

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HI all,

I'm restoring an old RD ('87) but bits are very hard to come by.

I'm wondering if parts from any other old Yam's - DT's, TY's, TZR's etc - would be interchangeable?

I'm short of bits like a wiring loom, rear shock, YPVS unit etc and I can't find anything specific to this bike.

I was wondering if any of you would have advice on where to start looking?

Many thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

is the modal code 1GM or 1GU, if you have a working YPVS or the correct barrel, it must be an import, the UK bike didn't last long as it was replaced with the TZR which had few common parts with the (UK 1GM) RD125, However if you have a 1GM bike most engine parts from DT/RD 125 LC will fit. The rear shock will interchange with RD125LC (12A or 10W) and with slight mods to the loom it will fit also. Ebay may be a good source of parts

Regards Jim

I had a go on one of them, it was only 12 months old. I always though it was known as an RDZ125 went like the clappers mind, may as well have been riding a monocycle if you know what i mean. Bloke who owned it put it through a hedge not long after, shame.

Be a cracking laugh when you sort it.

I had a go on one of them, it was only 12 months old. I always though it was known as an RDZ125 went like the clappers mind, may as well have been riding a monocycle if you know what i mean. Bloke who owned it put it through a hedge not long after, shame.

Be a cracking laugh when you sort it.

I had to fix snafus like that but from the original post or mine has this bike got the ypvs barrrel or is it an rd125lc with a tart kit if its a ypvs barreled bike best peg it open job done .... no need to had the boxes to allow the ypv to work ... unless you want the bike to pull mid range etc

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online