need help

bradley
This post is 5668 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just bought 04 r6 fitted with power commander dyno read that the guy had done says max bhp 105 i thought bike was 121bhp standard and all sites iv looked on confirm the bike is 121-123bhp any ideas

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yea 121 bhp at the crank

when you add friction...

well that speaks for its self

so does 105 sound ok or do i need another dyno session

Ive had an idea, buy some bike mags with tests for this bike, they might shed some light on it. Shokz is right, manufacturers sometimes quote BHP figures at the crank, not the wheel. I think the guys at the dyno session should have explained things more though rather than just taking the money and saying nowt!!

Manufactures nearly always use brake house power (Japan, PS) at the crankshaft whereas the man with the dynamometer brake will give you observed brake horse power at the rear wheel.

If you wish to know what the conversion is, take the manufactures figure and take 15% off and it will be right within

about 1 bhp.

So the figure of 105 bhp is about right. You are of course paying your insurance, impart, on 125 bhp. Makes sence doesn't it!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online