I LOVE MY FZR BUT...... HELP!!!

vic-fzr600
This post is 5658 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI ALL.

MUCH AS I LOVE MY FZR, ITS STARTING TO DRIVE ME MAD.

AS I MENTIONED IN LAST POSTING, I WAS SEEKING HELP TO DIAGNOSE PROBLEM WHERE BIKE KEEPS RUNNING BATTERY CELLS COMPLETELY DRY.

NOW, BIKE HAS ALSO DEVELOPED AN UNHEALTHY APPETITE FOR HEADLIGHT BULBS!

BULBS WERE REPLACED ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO, BUT DIPPED FILAMENT HAS BLOWN ON BOTH SIMULTANEOUSLY.

NORMALLY NOT HUGE DEAL BUT MY JAP SEC BULBS COST £38 PER SET - SO I'M SURE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND MY FRUSTRATION!!!

ANYBODY HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS OR GOT ANY IDEAS?

OH, AND HOW DO I ADD PICS? WANTED TO ADD ONE OF MY BIKE TO LET EVERYONE SEE.

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR DECAL SUPPLIERS? AN ELDERLY GENTLEMAN CAR DRIVER (aka DANGEROUS SENILE OLD GIT) DECIDED MY BIKE WOULD BE BEST SUITED SLIDING ON ITS SIDE INSTEAD OF RIDING NORMALLY, SO GAVE ME A HAND. EVEN NICER, HE DIDNT EVEN STOP SO I COULD 'THANK' HIM. SO THINK I'VE FOUND A FAIRING BUT WILL OBVIOUSLY NEED DECALS TO SUIT.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ANY FEEDBACK RECEIVED

ViC

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

MUCH AS I LOVE MY FZR, ITS STARTING TO DRIVE ME MAD.

AS I MENTIONED IN LAST POSTING, I WAS SEEKING HELP TO DIAGNOSE PROBLEM WHERE BIKE KEEPS RUNNING BATTERY CELLS COMPLETELY DRY.

NOW, BIKE HAS ALSO DEVELOPED AN UNHEALTHY APPETITE FOR HEADLIGHT BULBS!

BULBS WERE REPLACED ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO, BUT DIPPED FILAMENT HAS BLOWN ON BOTH SIMULTANEOUSLY.

NORMALLY NOT HUGE DEAL BUT MY JAP SEC BULBS COST £38 PER SET - SO I'M SURE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND MY FRUSTRATION!!!

Please stop yelling. Typing in all caps is considered rude, kinda like yelling in someones face.

ANYBODY HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS OR GOT ANY IDEAS?

Based on the description it sounds like the voltage regulator has gone bad. Often they cause not enough voltage, but it sounds like in your case it's too much, this will boil the battery dry and blow bulbs. You will need to replace the regulator, if you don't know how to do this you should get the shop manual or pay you local shop to replace it.

Please stop yelling. Typing in all caps is considered rude, kinda like yelling in someones face.

Based on the description it sounds like the voltage regulator has gone bad. Often they cause not enough voltage, but it sounds like in your case it's too much, this will boil the battery dry and blow bulbs. You will need to replace the regulator, if you don't know how to do this you should get the shop manual or pay you local shop to replace it.

OK, thanks for the help, will check out the regulator.

As regards the typing in caps, didn't know it was considered rude - I'm not a big forum user.

hi vic,

grab a multi meter and set it to volts dc then check what voltage you are getting across your battery.anything under 14.5 volts is o.k.

anything over is BAD and you should replace the voltage regulator.

hope this helps

cheers

marcus

Also a possible short cut may be drying your battery. Check with the multimeter the continuity with the frame of the bike.

Thanks

A previous owner has replaced the indicators with aftermarket ones (i intend to return to standard), so maybe a dodgy wire somewhere.

Would this cause the bulbs to pop?

Thanks

A previous owner has replaced the indicators with aftermarket ones (i intend to return to standard), so maybe a dodgy wire somewhere.

Would this cause the bulbs to pop?

Its the dry battery and elevated voltage if there is, thats causing bulbs to pop

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online