Handle Bars

Aussie_Al
This post is 5667 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I have the service manual for my SVX650A and it shows me beautifully how to loosen and adjust my handle bars, BUT! how the hell do you get the little chromed "caps" out to get to the bolts?? without gouging the shit out of them??

Any bright ideas??

Ta, Al'

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ya....

Get a thin flathead screwdriver (like the electronics ones) and use that.

The key is to get the tip down past the lip of the caps and lever them out from there.

I love the 650 Drags, but there are a few 'design features' that really are fecking stupid (like checking the oil on that impossible sight glass - Need two people just to do this).

I wish they'd figured out this shite before they'd put the bike on the market!!

Hi All,

I have the service manual for my SVX650A and it shows me beautifully how to loosen and adjust my handle bars, BUT! how the hell do you get the little chromed "caps" out to get to the bolts?? without gouging the shit out of them??

Any bright ideas??

Ta, Al'

i would use a stanley knive as the blade is thin but strong

i would use a stanley knive as the blade is thin but strong

In principle, nice idea...... but with all due respect - BAD Drewpy!!! :o:angry:

If the caps are stuck (due to build-up of rust, grit or whatever) the tip of the blade could snap off.... And I just KNOW no-one will have put on safety goggles for this seemingly innocuous task!!

:blink::unsure:

There are Old riders, there are Bold riders....... There are no Blind riders!!!!

Besides, if you slip, that's a nerve, tendon or even whole fingertip gone!!

One of my lockpicks does the job admirably, but I realise not everyone has those to hand.....

In principle, nice idea...... but with all due respect - BAD Drewpy!!! :o:angry:

If the caps are stuck (due to build-up of rust, grit or whatever) the tip of the blade could snap off.... And I just KNOW no-one will have put on safety goggles for this seemingly innocuous task!!

:blink::unsure:

There are Old riders, there are Bold riders....... There are no Blind riders!!!!

Besides, if you slip, that's a nerve, tendon or even whole fingertip gone!!

One of my lockpicks does the job admirably, but I realise not everyone has those to hand.....

Thank you all, Ill give it a try...... Al'

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online